Sales Director at Afresh
Remote, San Francisco, California, United States
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Afresh is on a mission to eliminate food waste and make fresh food accessible to all. Our first A.I.-powered solution optimizes ordering, forecasting, and store operations for fresh food departments in brick-and-mortar grocers. With our Fresh Operating System, regional and national grocery retailers have placed $1.6 billion in produce orders across the US and we've helped our partners prevent 34 million pounds of food from going to waste. Working at Afresh represents a one-of-a-kind opportunity to have massive social impact at scale by leveraging uncommonly impactful software – we hope you'll join us!
About the role
As a Sales Director at Afresh, you will focus on strategic, enterprise sales with large grocers throughout the US. You'll identify and articulate how Afresh can unlock significant value for their business. As a part of the Sales team at a rapidly growing startup, you'll have the opportunity to help define our processes, influence strategic decisions, and help develop the sales culture.
- Execute all aspects of the sales cycle while building and managing relationships with key, executive-level decision-makers at various grocers
- Manage and run complex sales cycles while guiding customers through every aspect of the sales process from initial contact to close
- Prospect for new clients, build and deliver product presentations, and develop proposals
- Develop a deep understanding of the Afresh product, competitive landscape, the grocery market, and our customers’ needs and pain points
- Partner closely with teams such as Product, Engineering, Implementation, and Customer Success to deliver a world-class customer experience
Skills and experience
- 5+ years of direct SaaS sales experience
- Experience selling complex meaningful technological or SaaS-based systems in enterprise-level partnerships to VP / C-suite stakeholders
- Solid track record of negotiating, structuring and executing complex agreements with C-suite Executives
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams through deal processes
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and data-driven with a demonstrated ability to accurately forecast sales pipeline and results
- A true self-starter who works well in ambiguity and effectively adopts change
Afresh is committed to pay equity and providing highly competitive cash compensation, equity, and benefits package. Afresh conducts a pay equity audit twice each year to ensure that jobs of similar scope and impact are paid similar amounts. The final compensation offered for this role will be based on multiple factors such as the role’s scope, complexity, internal equity, the candidate’s experience/expertise, and success through the interview process.
Total Compensation (Salary plus On Target Earnings):
Founded in 2017, Afresh is working on the #1 solution to curb climate change: reducing food waste. By combining human insight and transformative technology, we're helping grocers provide fresher food to customers at more affordable prices.
Afresh sits at an incredible intersection of positive social impact, rocket ship financial growth, and cutting-edge technology. Our best-in-class AI research has been published in top journals including ICML, and we've raised over $148 million in funding from investors including former co-CEO of Whole Foods Market Walter Robb and Eric Schmidt's Innovation Endeavors.
Fresh is the past, present, and future of our food system – the waste we create today will impact our planet for years to come. Join us as we continue to build a vibrant, diverse, and inclusive team that embodies our company’s values of proactivity, kindness, candor, and humility.
Afresh provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, pregnancy or related condition, or any other basis protected by law.
Here at Afresh, many of our employees work remotely provided that they reside in one of the following states: AR, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, KY, MA, MI, MT, MO, NV, NJ, NY, NC, OR, PA, TX, WA, WI. However, there may be key roles that will require a candidate/employee to be local to our San Francisco, CA office. In which case this requirement will be included in the job posting details under "Skills and experience" for reference.
Applications are now closed