Security Engineer - Incident Response at Mozilla
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify and respond to security incidents on a global scale.
- Design and maintain a portfolio of security alerts, automated actions, and escalation workflows in support of a high-performing 24/7 incident response capability.
- Conduct threat hunting activities, anticipate future threats, and maintain forward-thinking strategies for tools/technology/processes that combat sophisticated threat actors.
- Partner with key stakeholders and communicate effectively to maintain a continuously improving feedback loop of preparation, identification, analysis, containment, and post mortem activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years of demonstrated ability managing security incidents at a global scale and/or experience working in Security Operations Centers (SOC), Community Emergency Response Teams (CERT), and Computer Security Incident Response Teams (CSIRT).
- Expertise with security information and event management (SIEM) systems (eg. ELK, Google BigQuery, Splunk, etc.).
- Expertise with security orchestration and automation (SOAR) platforms.
- Superb communication and leadership capacity; ability to partner effectively with diverse company stakeholders.
- Real-world experience in software development and/or engineering operations for consumer products and services; B.S. in a technology-focused field is helpful.
- Practical experience working with cloud technologies (eg. Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Heroku, Microsoft Azure, etc.).
- Ownership and Accountability
- High Level of Integrity
- Clear Communication
- Creative Problem Solver
- Passionate about Security
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Applications are now closed