Security Engineer at Mission Wired
Washington, DC - Remote Flexibility
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At MissionWired, we help clients create revolutionary digital strategies that advance their mission, change our country, and have a positive impact on the world.
We’re digital-obsessed, tech-savvy do-gooders who care deeply about social change. We’ve brought digital strategies to life for nonprofit organizations working around the world, including Save the Children, Sandy Hook Promise, and Friends of the Earth, as well as progressive political organizations, campaigns and candidates. This cycle, we're excited to support the DGA in flipping and protecting governorships across the country while expanding the Democratic majority in the Senate via our work with the DSCC, Sen. Raphael Warnock, Rep. Val Demings, Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto and Sen. Maggie Hassan.
We’re an equal-opportunity employer and take seriously our commitment to equality and equity. Our efforts to be inclusive and create opportunity don’t end when someone joins us – they begin.
We’ve set our sights on changing the world through our work and with our clients, and representation is at the foundation of what we do. We know that diversity of thought and background makes us stronger. That’s why we’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse community.
Every new team member broadens our perspective and allows us to think bigger. We’ll be at our best when people from underrepresented communities and people with a range of perspectives and lived experiences want to come, stay, and push the boundaries of what’s possible.
Overview: We are looking for a security engineer familiar with AWS and Infrastructure as Code concepts who will be responsible for vulnerability management, security operations, and deploying and managing our security controls. This includes identifying potential vulnerabilities, assessing risk and impact, and driving remediation activities. You will be responsible for day to day security operations, responding to security incidents, and partnering with our security vendors to deploy, tune, and monitor security controls.
You will closely collaborate with the leaders of our Engineering, Product, Data Science, and Operations teams to ensure our cybersecurity program is cohesive, well-communicated, and measured in line with our corporate mission.
You will be responsible for:
- Instilling security best practices throughout MissionWired
- Evaluating the impact of potential security threats and responding to security threats preemptively
- Managing security utilities and tools to proactively prevent security incidents from occurring
- Designing and coordinating cohesive responses to security events across MissionWired
- Coordinating with MissionWired teams to mitigate risk by identifying plans of action
- Communicating and maintaining relationships with security vendors to launch and monitor security controls
- Creating a culture of inclusion. In an inclusive environment, we generate more and better ideas and everyone’s work benefits from a shared strategy.
- Experience identifying IT risks and mitigating potential breaches
- Ability to apply a diverse collection of broad technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security
- A track record in engineering novel solutions to complex security challenges
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Passion, energy, and excitement for progressive and philanthropic causes
We are looking for candidates in a range of seniority levels. The salary floor for this role is $120,000 per year and climbs depending on experience.
If you feel you can do the job and are excited about this opportunity but are not sure if you meet all the qualifications, consider applying anyway. We’d love to hear from you!
Applications are now closed