Senior Business Intelligence Engineer at Promethean
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Who is Promethean?
Collaborative discovery is at the heart of the learning experience. With more than two decades helping people learn and grow together, Promethean is a true partner for educators, innovators, and business leaders. Our award-winning interactive displays and lesson delivery solutions transform learning and workspaces into creative, connected environments to foster collective success.
At the heart of Promethean is a team of education strategists, designers, and technologists that is dedicated to inspiring engagement and empowering teachers and students around the world. Our goal is to make education technology commonplace in all learning environments, and we strive every day to develop intuitive solutions that speed learning, insights, and creativity.
The Promethean team spans the globe and our work impacts the lives of millions of teachers and students. We stand by our solutions and our employees, offering highly competitive benefits and compensation, as well as providing a work-life balance that lifts and sustains us as we navigate a new future.
We are #TeamPromethean. Join us.
Promethean’s IT team provides solutions to our worldwide workforce that enable them to do the important work of transforming students and teachers lives. We respond to needs, solve problems, provide answers, and continuously stay at the top of our game. We hire professionals who are exceptionally capable, and that is our promise to our clients.
As the Business Intelligence Engineer on the Data Services team, you will demonstrate your skills to create innovative solutions for information needs. In this role, you will need strong collaborative and communication skills to help transform how information is consumed and used. You are a self-starter and comfortable working in a fast-paced company where requirements and data needs are constantly evolving. Promethean is a global company, and you may need to be flexible in your work schedule to accommodate data needs coming from different time zones.
As a Senior Business Intelligence Engineer you will:
- Design, develop & test reports, dashboards that empower end users with useful information
- Collaborate with peers to design and develop high quality solutions that are enablers
- Design, build and support the solution that will be used to deliver information in the appropriate platform including web pages, tablets, mobile devices, outbound feeds etc.
- Function as a center of excellence team member and be a key enabler in rolling out self-service, data discovery capabilities
- Collaborate with peers and partners to elicit requirements (functional and non-functional), understand success factors, and build out requirements
- Keep track of and align with potentially diverse global data security and compliance standards
- Design and develop solutions that meet quality standards including scalability and performance expectations
- Be an avid learner, gain a solid understanding of available data and promote innovative insights
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software engineering or related fields.
- At least 5 years of experience working as a BI Engineer in a Data Warehouse environment
- Strong collaborator and standout colleague, able to bring together partners to elicit requirements.
- Expert level skills in SQL, Cognos Analytics,
- Solid experience in building out dashboards / reports using Tableau and / or Power BI
- Prior experience working as part of an Agile team
- TM1 experience would be a plus
- Prior experience in building automated Quality Assurance tests
- Administrator experience with one or more Business Intelligence tools would be a plus
Effective February 7th, 2022, all Promethean employees, workers and contractors who visit any Promethean US office, conduct any work related in-person interaction with other Promethean employees regardless of location where the work is being conducted and or have any work related, in-person interaction with customers where the customer requires vaccination or testing to work in-person with them are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Official documentation of vaccination status must be provided on your first day of employment. Remote workers are subject to this policy only in the event that they visit a Promethean office, come into physical contact with Promethean employees for work related purposes, or must visit a customer location where that customer requires either testing or full vaccination. If you have a medical or religious exemption please contact Recruiting.
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.
Applications are now closed