Senior Data Analyst & Data Protection Officer (all genders) at Ecosia
Berlin / fully remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
A better planet with every search - Ecosia, the search engine that plants trees, is one of the world's largest social businesses and the first B Corporation in Germany. As part of our mission to cultivate a more environmentally, socially, and economically sustainable world, we are planting and protecting forests by enabling people to channel their everyday actions into environmental good. So far our 20+ million users have planted over 160 million trees. Our reach is expanding as we continue to grow and plant native and biodiverse trees worldwide!
IMPORTANT: we will review your application in early January 2023
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst and part-time DPO to join us in Berlin and contribute to bringing our data team to the next level!
You should be excited about data and promote a culture of data-driven mentality. You will support the product teams to shape the future of Ecosia’s products and train cross-functional teams on how to use data to make decisions.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work behind the scenes and boost the quality of our products, used by millions of people.
YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE AN IMPACT:
- Empower our marketing product, and revenue teams by translating raw data into meaningful insights.
- Prioritize data research based on potential revenue impact across product and marketing teams.
- Identify key gaps in product offerings and functionality that will encourage significant revenue and customer excitement.
- Support teams to build and refine business cases for major new initiatives.
- Consult, train, and coach different teams on best practices and strategies to adopt a data-oriented mindset.
- Work with product teams to assess and suggest search advertisement optimization strategies.
- Deliver presentations to teams and the C-level with clear, actionable insights.
- Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for data analysis.
- Implement modeling for self-service dashboards, reports, and ad-hoc analysis.
- Deep dive into data rabbit holes for longer-term reports to present to the whole team, finding insights and sparking new ways to look at the datasets.
- Find solutions to generate insights while respecting our privacy-friendly philosophy that goes beyond just being GDPR compliant (see: https://info.ecosia.org/privacy).
- Essentially, use data to encourage growth, provide value to the user, and reforest our planet.
YOUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- You have 5+ years of experience with managing data and you have knowledge about extracting data from different data sources into a data warehouse or a data lake.
- You have a good business understanding and have used data to support and influence strategic decisions.
- You have experience with consumer internet products in a B2C company or in a strategy consulting role.
- Well-versed in analytical techniques such as churn modeling, regression, and AB testing.
- You are capable of understanding and writing complex SQL statements. Python knowledge is a plus.
- You are a great communicator, you can interact with different stakeholders and are able to translate complex problems into understandable terms.
- You know how to balance technical constraints and have a clear understanding of business and product requirements.
- You are a creative problem solver, able to think innovatively while wrangling data from multiple sources.
- You are curious and quickly learn new domains.
- You share our core values and ways of working.
- A degree in a data-related field is helpful but not required (Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, or other STEM degrees).
- You have an interest or some experience as a Data Protection Officer or a comparable role with technical understanding and knowledge of data protection law.
- You are fluent in English (German might be required for the DPO part).
- We are headquartered in Berlin, but we seek qualified folks anywhere in the world. You should be willing to work in Berlin CET core working hours.
Skills and knowledge that will stand out, but are not required:
- Python and advanced statistical methods
- You have experience with part of our data tech stack:
- You have experience with some of the development tools we use such as Github, CircleCI, etc. Check out our Techradar for more info (see: https://ecosia.co/techradar).
- Experience with strategy consulting, especially experience translating data into visual insights, accelerating business value through data analysis, and communicating with company leaders.
Analysis, Visualization & Storytelling: Looker, Redash, Jupyter Notebooks
Data Modeling: dbt
Data Warehouse/Lake: AWS Redshift, Spectrum, S3, Athena, Glue
ETL: Airflow (Python), Airbyte
We recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if your profile does not meet all of the requirements for the role: we encourage and support growth and development for everyone.
Our hiring process consists of several steps:
1) First call with our recruiter
2) Non-technical interview
3) A short assignment you can do on your own time
4) Technical conversation with 2 of your potential future colleagues
5) Pair-programming session
The salary range for the role
€66,000 to €76,000
In case of any issues or questions, reach out to email@example.com
- What if your job made a real difference in the climate crisis? Join Ecosia and help plant millions of trees where people and ecosystems need them most.
- We offer you the opportunity to balance work with other parts of your life. (Flexible working hours, more vacation days than the law requires (30 days/year on a five-day week), two no-meeting days, remote work options).
- Moving to Berlin for the first time? We welcome everyone and offer relocation support and visa/work-permit assistance to new employees and their loved ones coming from abroad and within Germany.
- We are a team of more than 25 nationalities that includes people from different sexual orientations, ages, races, physical/mental abilities, child/pet/plant parents, and non-traditional backgrounds.
- We help you live sustainably through our green benefits, such as subsidized public transport cards, bike inspection, green electricity allowance, etc., depending on your location.
- We support your professional growth through monthly learning days, hack days, online and physical library, a 2000€ development allowance per year, continuous feedback, etc., depending on your location.
If you’re living with a disability, illness, and/or neurodiversity or are primary caregivers, feel free to let us know how we can adjust and support your application process. For instance, we can provide different tools, interview formats, or more time for assignments.
Applications are now closed