Senior Data Analyst, Veterans Affairs (remote) at Ad Hoc
$82,000 - $116,000/year
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The Veterans Affairs business unit helps transform the VA into a modern digital services organization where Veteran outcomes are at the center of every effort. We partner with the Office of the Chief Technology Officer - Digital Experience, the Office of Information Technology, Veterans Health Administration and Veterans Benefits Administration to design and deliver seamless user experiences for Veterans, their Families and Caregivers and VA employees. By applying better practices in service design, product management and technology, we enable VA to increase the usage, throughput, quality and reliability of services and decrease the time Veterans spend waiting for outcomes.
Senior Data Analysts lead the delivery of data analytics and analytics strategy for a program. They are responsible for determining best practices and developing better insights and recommendations for our clients and/or product teams. They perform advanced business analysis with the help of several techniques, e.g. statistical analysis, explanatory and predictive modeling, and data mining. They extract and analyze information from large structured or unstructured datasets, working closely with stakeholders to provide a relevant analytics plan. This may include components of data analytics, data visualization, or data science. They often solve complex data projects and handle special analytical projects as needed
The Senior Data Analyst plays a strategic data role, which exerts influence on the long-range analytics goals of the client and program, and where applicable, to other programs within a business unit. They work closely with internal and/or external stakeholders to identify analytical demands. They also work with large sets of data and establish scalable and accurate analytics systems across several applications where applicable.
Senior Data Analysts are seen as the “go-to person” for data analytics expertise and some components of data science in their program and business unit. Senior Data Analysts also oversee the activities of other data analysts including providing mentoring on skills and techniques.
What you’ll do
- Work with Product Managers, Researchers, and other team members to identify relevant quantitative metrics related to key product outcomes
- Map KPIs back into the available data
- Create Custom views, KPIs, and data models in a data warehouse and/or business intelligence tool from raw data to support reports and dashboards
- Write clear and easy to understand documentation about how metrics are calculated to make logic transparent to data product customers
- Ensure methodologies are consistent across data products
- Help facilitate trainings, workshops, or coaching session on best practices in metrics measurement
What You'll Bring
- Experience with data modeling, data warehouses, and data visualization best practices
- Experience with data visualization/business intelligence tools
- Experience creating dashboards
- Extensive SQL aptitude with the ability to write scalable, maintainable queries
- Demonstrates experience in gathering information from end users and project stakeholders, identifying (and validating existing) requirements, and translating these into relevant data analysis and reporting
- Mentor and coach other data analyst on skills and development
Nice to Have
- Experience with tools such as, BigQuery, Domo, Google Analytics
- Experience working with customer survey data
- 5 years of previous or relevant experience REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Resource Management, Industrial Engineering, or related fields.
- Certifications in relevant technology plus 3-5 years of relevant experience, or 5-7 years of relevant experience may be substituted for education
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Use what you need PTO policy
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility . The range of starting pay for this role is $81,666 - $115,934 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.