Senior Data Engineer at AtlanAI
$130,000 - $175,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
To solve climate change, wealth inequality, supply chain stability, and national security we must change how our global supply chains work. Altana is a Trusted Commerce Platform built on a shared source of truth for the global supply chain. The purpose of Altana is to enable resilient, sustainable, secure, and inclusive global commerce: Globalization 2.0.
We have built a layer of shared intelligence across the world’s supply chain information: a living map of trillions of dollars of B2B commercial activity, covering 400M companies connected by billions of shipments. This knowledge graph powers Altana’s Trusted Commerce Platform - the Altana Atlas - which, after only three years since founding, is already used by many of the world’s most important governments, enterprises, and logistics providers.
Our product suite enables our customers to gain unprecedented visibility, benefit from shared artificial intelligence across a federated network of data, and interact across the network through a shared source of truth. We help our customers to build and manage trusted global supply chains.
The Data Operations team is looking for talented Data Engineers passionate about data and all things related to data products and visibility. We are searching for individuals who love to build scalable solutions for our ever growing data needs, building the foundation of our vision to become the trusted global supply chain and are motivated by delivering functional data products for our internal teams and end users. You’ll be owning the dataset ETL pipelines, enabling Data Analysts in your team to utilize newly incoming data while partnering with software engineering and machine learning teams to implement scalable processes and define handover points.
This position can be worked remotely, but you should be comfortable working on New York time.
- Maintain, adapt, develop and deploy pipelines to extract, transform and load incoming data from a variety of 3rd party sources allowing mapping against standardized schemas
- Improve observability of existing and new ETL pipelines for different key stakeholders in the organization
- Collaborate and contribute your ETL codebase to overall engineering organization
- Help create and maintain architecture and systems documentation
- Follow engineering best practices
- Analyze and propose technical solutions to data storage, best practices and monitoring
- Collaborate with fellow data operations members, engineers and data scientists across the organization
- Bachelorʼs degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related technical discipline
- 4+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role
- Excellent programming skills, preferably in Python.
- Experience in a big data processing framework such as Spark is required
- Experience with SQL and relational database development is required
- Experience with data modeling, data warehousing, and building ETL pipelines
- Experience working in Databricks
- You have a track record of ownership and delivery of projects with major organizational impact
- You care deeply about engineering excellence, clean code, and knowledge-sharing
- Excellent analytic skills, deadline-focused, detail-oriented, well organized, and self-motivated
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have, but not required
- Experience with different data lake technologies (AWS Data Lake, Azure Data Studio)
- Working knowledge of cloud services like AWS, Azure, or GCP
Technologies we love
- Languages: Python, Go, Java
- Tools: Docker, Git, Kubernetes, Swagger/OpenAPI, AWS
- Datastores: Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redshift, Neo4j
Anticipated Salary Range: $130,000 - 175,000. Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, and location.
Why it’s great to work at Altana
- We love to collaborate, and we win as a team!
- We are committed to engineering excellence
- We value personal and professional development
- We learn from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- We impact the world, from enabling developing countries to identifying drug traffickers
Altana is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to inclusion across race and ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, physical ability, veteran status, and national origin. We offer a comprehensive healthcare package and paid parental leave of 3 months for the primary caregiver and 1 month for the secondary caregiver.
Applications are now closed