Senior Developer Advocate at Mozilla
Remote US, Remote Canada, Toronto Office, Remote Germany
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product — the Firefox browser — has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
- Add-ons (or “browser extensions”) are software programs, most often developed by a third party, that allow you to add features to Firefox to customize your browsing experience. With billions of downloads and millions of users every day, add-ons are a significant part of the Firefox experience.
- We are looking for a passionate Developer Advocate to act as the public interface between Firefox add-on developers and Mozilla.
- Advocate for Firefox add-on developers, influencing the strategy of Firefox APIs, libraries, and processes by working cross functionally within the organization.
- Support Firefox add-on developers through the upcoming transition to Manifest V3, surfacing key developer use cases, and sharing developer feedback with the core team.
- Provide technical guidance and support for add-on developers, evangelizing best practices within the community, and helping developers be productive and successful creating add-ons for Firefox.
- Own and improve technical documentation to support the Firefox add-ons ecosystem.
- Capture and share product feedback and insights from the developer community to the internal team to help improve the developer experience.
- Represent Mozilla alongside a group of core Firefox engineers within the cross vendor WebExtensions Community Group; bringing strategic insights both to and from the collaboration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of full stack web development, and ability to assist add-on developers effectively within the Firefox browser extensions ecosystem.
- Strong cross-functional stakeholder management and experience managing complex projects across multiple teams.
- Ability to distill complex technical concepts into easy to digest explanations.
- 3+ years in a developer relations role.
- A growth mindset and comfort with ambiguity.
We value a variety of voices. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
- Previous developer relations experience within major open source projects.
- Previous professional experience working with browser extensions.
- Experience with large-group communications and presentations.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at email@example.com to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Applications are now closed