Senior DevOps Engineer, Cloud Operations at Aurora Solar
Remote from Canada
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company on a mission to create a future of solar energy for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. It’s our goal to have every solar installation in the world pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Remote-First Companies To Work for in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history.
As a member of the Technical Operations team at Aurora, you will own the architectural foundation of how our software systems connect to humans and services alike, creating resilient systems that are reliably and consistently deployed across our various technical platforms. Whether you serve as the embedded subject matter expert among our various Product Pods or build generalized frameworks for use across the organization you will be working closely with the engineering team at large to solve their operational needs as we double the department in 2022.
We are a passionate and diverse team that aspires to be the best place for the best people and we’re looking for talented individuals to accelerate our exponential growth as we continue to scale. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you'll do:
- With a primary focus on either embedded or generalized support, work internal and external teams to improve the consistency, reliability, and release velocity of our overall development lifecycle
- Design and develop solutions, with novel software only where needed, to maintain and manage our AWS/Heroku-based cloud infrastructure (e.g. networks, access, resource usage, security)
- Educate and evangelize best practices through a combination of written documentation, internal presentations, and proactive assistance
- Assist fellow TechOps members in ongoing compliance efforts and iterative improvements, across all technology stacks, that affect the security and reliability of technology throughout the organization
What we value:
- Multiple prior projects focused on SDLC process evolution, cloud automation, and container-based deployment systems
- Software development skills at the library and API integration development level
- Prior experience in engineering program management, owning both technical deployment and human education
- A love of pragmatic craftsmanship
- A deep desire to grow and contribute to the growth of others
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Applications are now closed