Senior Elixir Engineer, Hubs Team at Mozilla
Remote US, Remote San Francisco Bay Area, Remote Canada, Remote Toronto/Vanvouver area
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At Mozilla, we believe that the “metaverse” – like the internet itself – should be open and accessible to all. That’s why we’re building Hubs.
Hubs empowers communities to gather in safe, private, decentralized virtual spaces where they are in control. Hubs fosters creativity and connection at a time when online interactions often lack the spontaneity and opportunity to delight, inspire, and build trust between people.
As an Elixir engineer on the Hubs team, you will develop web APIs and real-time networking capabilities for the Hubs software suite. You will guide and assist other developers to accomplish large tasks, while ensuring performance, scalability, and reliability of our elixir applications.
What You'll Get To Do
- Write Elixir code to provide web APIs to manage resources and perform core application logic
- Design, document and implement architecture for large scale features
- Expand the real-time networking capabilities of the Hubs software suite
- Determine the best set of tools, libraries, and methodologies for our Elixir applications
- Establish and teach Elixir best practices
- Keep our backend up to date with dependency and runtime updates
- Participate in code reviews and pair programming to facilitate teaching, learning, and improving together
- You have experience building and shipping web applications with Elixir and Phoenix
- You are knowledgeable about web application security and data privacy best practices
- You are knowledgeable about testing, reliability, performance, and scalability
- You have knowledge of Erlang, OTP, and BEAM internals
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Bonus points for
- Experience with our stack:
- Phoenix Web Framework
- PostgreSQL via Ecto
- GraphQL via Absinthe
- Contributions to open-source projects
- Preference for working with a fully-remote teams
- 3+ years of professional backend development experience
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Applications are now closed