Senior Front End Engineer: User Essentials (Remote, EMEA) at Grafana Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The User Essentials squad operates at the core of the Grafana open-source project and our mission is to provide the best journey for our users and their data. We’re a frontend focused team and we work closely with Product and UX to define our goals and build our solutions.
Our domain is pretty large, so to get an idea of the kind of work we do, here are some of the projects we work on:
- We drive big cross-team initiatives like improving the accessibility of Grafana or globalisation
- Improve the navigation and the information architecture of Grafana
- Develop a maintain the variable system
- Implement new ways of sharing Grafana with our library panels feature
We embrace experimentation, lean principles, and encourage everyone to share their ideas and perspectives.
What we are looking for
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company and understand the importance of communication
- You enjoy learning, growing, and supporting others to do the same.
- You have solid experience as a Software Engineer and feel comfortable working with React, Typescript, and ideally RxJS.
- You know how to transform ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You care and value code maintainability, readability and testing.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us. You are able to communicate the design decisions clearly in written and spoken English.
- You understand the implications of technical decisions, how they’ll affect the codebase and the team.
What we use
- We work with React as our framework, Typescript, Redux, and RxJS
- We use Storybook to communicate internally and externally (e.g plugin developers can see what the component library looks like and offers)
- Emotion is our choice when it comes to styling, but there’s some SASS around too
- Webpack is our current bundler
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 900,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include three other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Applications are now closed