Senior Frontend (react) Engineer - k6 : Incident Response Management - (EMEA, Remote) at Grafana Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
This is a remote role for the EU Timezone - we cant consider other timezones due to team set up
In June 2021 Grafana Labs acquired k6 - a Stockholm-based startup behind the open-source load testing tool for engineering teams. With k6, Grafana Labs adds extensible testing to its open and composable Grafana observability stack.
At k6, we build next-generation performance testing tools for developers and DevOps engineers. You will join a team of 5 frontend engineers working on our SaaS frontend app as well as other tools interacting with our cloud platform.
We are pushing forward the state-of-the-art in our industry, creating open-source tools that have great developer experience and enable engineers to build reliable systems. k6 is an open-source tool that we built to reinvent the engineering principles around performance testing and enable engineers to build systems that scale.
About the role:
Due to our small teams and fast development pace, you will have a substantial and immediate impact on how the end product is architected, developed, and how the engineering team operates. Most importantly, you will work with competent colleagues and will be able to expand your knowledge and skills in different directions.
- Have solid experience with single-page apps connecting to REST/APIs services.
- Be well versed in ES6+ and modern CSS (At least 4 years of experience).
- Solid experience with React.js (At least 2 years of day-to-day working with React).
- Have experience with any form of state management library connecting with React. (Plus if you have experience with Redux.js)
It’s an advantage if you:
- have an interest in developing your backend skills
- have experience with WebSockets
- have interest or experience in performance investigations and load testing
- have experience in data analyzing and presenting charts, trends, etc.
- Develop and maintain our cloud app based on React.js, interfacing with our REST and WebSocket API
- Develop and maintain our tools interfacing with the cloud app
- Maintain a scalable and modular CSS architecture
- Collaborate with the design/product team on improving user experience
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 900,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include three other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Applications are now closed