Senior Full Stack Engineer - Grafana Authorization and Authentication (Remote, EMEA) at Grafana Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
This is a remote opportunity and we would be interested in applications from EMEA timezone.
About the Grafana Authorization and Authentication team
Millions of users sign in to Grafana every day to keep their software, factories, and space shuttles healthy and performant. We make sure they can do so as easily as possible, and we help admins sleep well at night knowing that their users have access to just the right data and functionality.
As a Grafana Authorization and Authentication team we are responsible for everything related to authorization and authentication in Grafana. Our daily work often spans both open source and proprietary code. Our next challenges revolve around streamlining and standardization of authentication and authorization experience in Grafana, while maintaining our existing functionality, supporting the community & customers.
We are currently on a growth track and are constantly reviewing our ways of working to make sure they are scalable and accessible to everyone. We embrace experimentation, lean principles, and encourage everyone to share their ideas and perspectives.
Come and join us if you’re interested in anything and everything authentication/authorization, and enjoy working with OSS as well as with proprietary software.
Who we’re looking for:
At Grafana Labs we value diverse perspectives; it's one of our core values. Listed below are qualities we value but it is not an exhaustive list, you don’t need to check all the boxes.. We welcome individuals of various backgrounds and believe that this diverse mindset makes us stronger.
This role would be a good fit for you if:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company and understand the importance of communication.
- You have an active interest in the authentication and authorization domains.
- You enjoy learning, growing, and supporting others to do the same.
- You have solid experience as a Software Engineer and feel comfortable working with Go, React, Typescript. We are happy to consider candidates with other backgrounds and experience.
- You enjoy transforming ideas into working code – you are able to design a solution, get feedback, and write a prototype by yourself, by collaborating with other engineers, product managers and designers very closely.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technical solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You care and value security, code maintainability, readability and testing.
- You enjoy working as a team. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us.
- You are interested in working directly with customers. Our customers interact with Grafana every day, they are at the forefront of what we do in the team and provide invaluable input. A strong candidate for this role would be interested in joining discussions with our customers, supporting them with their issues and looping back information to the team.
- You are able to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
Technologies we use:
Grafana is mostly open source, you can browse grafana/grafana on GitHub directly to see how we build our software, here are the highlights:
- Our backend is built in Go and our frontend in TypeScript using React.
- MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQLite are the main databases we support.
What we work on:
- The team collaborates on reviewing feature requests and escalations from the OSS community and our customer base, identifying high level roadmap themes and overall driving the direction of authentication and authorization at Grafana Labs.
- Our business as usual includes raising and fixing bugs, developing and testing new features, trialing innovative ideas for our products, close collaboration with UX, contributing to design docs and more.
- We are currently focusing on standardizing authorization in Grafana by developing the next generation authorization system.
A selection of the projects we are currently working on includes fine-grained access control, Grafana authentication, Grafana Service Accounts, Grafana enterprise enhanced authentication (SAML / LDAP / Team sync).
Applications are now closed