Senior Full Stack Software Engineer: Cloud Data Sources (Remote, EST) at Grafana Labs
United States (Remote)
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The Cloud Data Sources team is a fairly new team within the Grafana division.
The role is for candidates on the Eastern time zones of the Americas. The team is based in EST+5
Our mission statement:“Working to make Grafana an indispensable tool to manage observability in public clouds, and nurturing the relationships with them and our community to make Grafana better.”
A selection of data source plugins we own:
A selection of projects we’re currently working on & planning for:
More data source plugins
Being involved to improve the Plugin Platform developer experience
A typical “day in the life” could include:
- Building full stack open source Grafana plugins to integrate metrics from cloud data sources into Grafana
- Building relationships with major cloud providers to understand how we can make Grafana better
- Collaboration with major cloud providers to determine feature scope and update progress
- Adding new functionality to our plugin SDKs
- Innovating our plugin system to allow for enhanced capabilities
- Coming up with suggestions for process improvements
- We’re working closely with the rest of the Grafana Division; including the Cloud Partnerships, Abstractions, Plugins Platform, UX, and Observability teams.
- We regularly share ideas and knowledge across a vast array of technical ideologies and mindsets.
What we are looking for:
- You are comfortable working in a remote-first company; communication is key. For us, working together means being collaborative, friendly, kind, and respectful. We operate by consensus, you can contribute to a discussion but then commit to the team decision.
- You are eager to learn and grow. Our team is currently looking to double in size over the next year. There is a lot of room for growth and development, and the team has quite a lot of knowledge to share for those who are willing to learn.
- You enjoy working on complex solutions – Grafana is a highly technological solution and has avid followers who rely on it every day and care deeply about their workflows.
- You enjoy being part of the community. Community is part of our core, and interacting with the community is a day-to-day thing for us. At the same time, you know how to recognize ideas and solutions that bring the biggest value to them and have the biggest impact on their experience.
- You approach development holistically. The team owns the full life cycle of our code; from writing design docs, to looking at community feedback, and automated testing. We appreciate engineers who enjoy looking at the big picture, and also notice the details of the brush strokes.
You'll have experience in one of the following:
- React and Typescript
About Grafana Labs: There are more than 900,000 active installations of Grafana around the globe, monitoring everything from beehives to climate change in the Alps. The instantly recognizable dashboards have been spotted everywhere from a SpaceX launch and Minecraft HQ to Wimbledon and the Tour de France. Grafana Labs also helps companies including Bloomberg, JPMorgan Chase, and eBay manage their observability strategies with full-stack offerings that can be run fully managed with Grafana Cloud, or self-managed with Grafana Enterprise Stack. The Grafana stack has grown to include three other open-source projects, Grafana Loki (for logs), Grafana Mimir (for metrics), and Grafana Tempo (for traces).
Benefits: For more information about the perks and benefits of working at Grafana, please check out our careers page.
A note about covid-19: All Grafanistas who wish to attend in-person events or travel for Grafana Labs must be fully-vaccinated.
We will recruit, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, disability, age, veteran status, and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different and unique. We believe that equality and diversity builds a strong organisation and we’re working hard to make sure that’s the foundation of our organisation as we grow.
Applications are now closed