Senior Manager, Public Sector Solutions Architects at Gitlab
$154,000 - $280,000/year
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
Solutions Architects are the trusted advisors to GitLab prospects and clients, showing how the GitLab solutions address client business requirements. Solutions Architects are responsible for driving and managing the technology evaluation and validation stages of the sales process. Solutions Architects are the product advocates for GitLab’s Enterprise Edition. They focus on the technical solution while also understanding the business outcomes the customer is trying to achieve.
The Solutions Architect helps drive value and change with software development for one of the fastest-growing platforms. By applying solution selling and architecture experience from planning to monitoring, the Solutions Architect supports and enables successful adoption of the GitLab platform. Solutions Architects work collaboratively with GitLab's customers across segments, Sales, Engineering, Product Management, and Marketing organizations.
This role provides technical guidance and support throughout the entire sales cycle. Solution Architects can help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of the GitLab platform with customers by becoming the trusted advisor. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software/technology sales or consulting. Proficiency in connecting technology solutions to measurable business value is critical to a Solutions Architect. Candidates should also have a demonstrated skill to think strategically about business, products, and technical problems.
This role is focused on supporting our Public Sector customers.
To learn more, see the Solutions Architect handbook
- Understand and evangelize GitLab's vision, strategy, and values to your team while also translating them for application to team-specific scenarios.
- Grow a highly effective team through hiring, coaching, and retention of personnel.
- Provide continuous feedback to your team members as well as peers and leaders.
- Be accountable for the overall execution of your team while tracking key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Provide clear communication to your team, peers, and leadership on all essential matters.
- Guide by example while performing the responsibilities of a solution architect to drive customer success.
- Work closely with regional sales managers on strategy.
- Be the directly responsible person for multiple, high-impact initiatives.
- Provide cross-functional leadership on GitLab's most strategic revenue opportunities.
- Collaborate with SA and cross-departmental leadership to iterate on and improve efficiencies of GitLab practices and execution strategies.
- Participate in conferences and trade shows and interacting with government customers in attendance.
- Contribute to the creation of case studies, white papers, and media articles for government customers and or partner.
- Consistently provide world-class customer service during pre-sales, implementation, and post-sales activities.
- Manage all technical aspects of the sales cycle: creating high-quality professional presentations, custom demos, proof of concepts, deliver technical deep-dive sessions & workshops, differentiate GitLab from alternative solutions, answering RFI, RFPs, etc.
- Experienced in mentoring people, including giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Experienced in collaborating with other managers and executing strategies
- Previous leadership experience with a proven track record of success.
- Previous leadership experience at GitLab is a plus.
- Technical presentation and communication skills
- Experience with technical pre-sales or as a professional in the field of information technology
- Knowledge of the end-to-end software development lifecycle
- Understanding of continuous integration and continuous deployment
- Experience with modern software development or operations and their associated technologies
- Experience with cloud computing and related technologies and practices
- TS/SCI Security Clearance
- Must be located in the Washington DC metro area
- Knowledge and demonstrated progressive experience with Federal customers
- Ability to travel up to 50%
- Understand mono-repo and distributed-repo approaches.
- Selected candidates will be invited to schedule a screening call with our Global Recruiters.
- Next, candidates will be invited to schedule a first interview with a Customer Success VP or Director.
- Candidate will then schedule an interview with an SA management peer.
- Then, candidates will present a business plan to include 30/60/90 day approach, outcomes, and metrics.
- Candidates may be invited to additional interviews.
- Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.