Senior Product Manager at Exygy Inc.
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Product Managers at Exygy are focused on the planning and execution of successful product strategy, design, and engineering projects for our clients. In this role, you will work with Exygy Account Managers and our clients to understand and communicate clear outcomes for the project team. Once these outcomes are set, you’ll facilitate and manage a multi-functional team - consisting of Exygy team members (designers, engineers, researchers), client team members, and contracted partners - in delivering digital solutions that support these key outcomes.
The Product Manager role at Exygy is a dual role: 60% product management and 40% project management. You may manage multiple client projects at any given time depending on scope and scale of our engagement. For example, Exygy is expanding its work on an affordable housing product across the Bay Area and into other regions in America. We expect that the person in this role may lead our project team in implementing the housing product across multiple counties/cities.
You thrive in extracting key motivations and requirements across team members and stakeholders in order to create and prioritize solutions that solve user problems. Your focus on high standards will help you execute Agile processes to support delivery from kickoff, launch, and through product growth. Your communication and creative problem solving will help anticipate blockers and navigate the day-to-day while your understanding of digital products will help you advocate for high-quality strategy, design, and engineering work. Your ability to balance multiple, dynamic projects that range in size will help our team maximize capacity. Finally, your leadership and people skills coupled with your facility with details will help guide projects to success.
- Define project outcomes and lead a multidisciplinary team towards successful execution and delivery using a comprehensive project plan, tools, and artifacts.
- Serve as the main point of contact for clients, bringing along key stakeholders, guiding swift decision-making, and ensuring client happiness throughout the engagement.
- Shepherd clients through creating the product roadmap and backlog by clearly articulating the process and how the design and development work streams fit together to achieve the product outcomes.
- Facilitate the strategy, design, and engineering processes when needed. For example, running user research and tests, conducting stakeholder interviews, or facilitating design sprints.
- Ensure high quality work by managing the project budget and scope, client reporting, invoicing, and staff allocation.
Key Desired Experience
- 3-5+ years working within client contexts to execute on design and technology projects, either at a consulting firm, full-service digital agency, or similar environment and role.
- High level of experience managing stakeholders for complex organizations such as government agencies and/or non-profits.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as facilitative leadership skills. Ability to empathize with, influence, and motivate individuals. Ability to stay calm and responsive under pressure, managing change fluidly.
- Exceptional Agile project management skills including writing user stories, backlog prioritization and refinement, sprint and release planning.
- Ability to facilitate expectations and delivery timeline for multiple stakeholders.
- Detail oriented, with excellent management and organization skills. Able to keep track of many moving parts while smoothly adapting to new information or disruptions to the plan.
- Human centered design approach to the work and the ability to balance user needs with client business constraints.
- Creative, entrepreneurial mindset. Enjoys making sense of ambiguity and a willingness to learn new skills, processes, and tools on the fly, constantly thinking about what can be improved.
- Commitment to the betterment of humanity. Passionate about designing and developing world-class products that make communities healthier and more resilient.
Nice to Have
- A previous role in some portion of the product strategy, design, and engineering process. For example, a previous life as a: design researcher, UX/UI designer, content strategist, product marketer, front end or back end engineer, metrics lead, QA tester, etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze high level factors that influence product decisions, including market size and dynamics, revenue opportunities, business models, and the competitive landscape.
- Experience with defining product growth metrics and analytics, tracking conversion funnels, and extracting insights from data.
- Previous experience as the Product Manager on a government digital product and experience leading large content management projects in Drupal, CraftCMS or other comparable content management systems.
- ScrumMaster and/or Product Owner certification.
Compensation & Benefits
The annual salary range for this full-time position is $105,000 - $120,000 based on experience. Exygy offers excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision, and life insurance; 401(k) with employer match; professional development budget; home office budget and wifi credit; monthly wellness stipend; unlimited paid time off; profit sharing bonuses and paid volunteer time.
Applications are now closed