Senior Project Manager (Remote) at Coforma
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Coforma is looking for a Senior Project Manager to join our distributed company. The Senior Project Manager is ultimately responsible for the timely delivery of high-quality deliverables that enable client satisfaction, meet business requirements, help the firm prioritize projects, and ensure all projects support the overall business objectives of the team. As Senior Project Manager, you’ll work with clients to clarify strategic requirements, manage expectations, lead client meetings, and demonstrate professionalism to junior team members.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for managing a portfolio of projects and coordinating the teams assigned to those projects. The ideal candidate will leverage strong situational awareness skills to provide tactical and team leadership throughout the project life cycle and oversee development of critical project integration points with broader foundation and associated deliverables. You will assist in developing company processes and help guide their implementation and drive organization-wide adoption, while maintaining up-to-date guidelines. At this level, you are comfortable navigating organizational and project ambiguity.
If you’re a self-starter with experience managing distributed teams using contemporary project management tools, and if you’re also passionate about improving lives and able to connect across research, engineering, design, product, and business teams to see projects through to successful completion, Coforma is a great company for you.
- Work directly at the intersection of our client and Coforma’s teams to manage our sprint processes, estimate our efforts, triage incidents, manage expectations, and communicate progress
- Proactively build relationships with stakeholders and project partners, serving as the primary point of contact
- Understand the team’s objectives, systems, and capabilities in order to make decisions about project priorities and help resolve issues
- Coordinate partnered teams on any given project to bring alignment, build understanding, and ensure successful outcomes
- Accurately track and access project progress, making adjustments as needed
- Report risks, successes, progress, backlog, and failures to the Director, PMO in a timely, clear, and efficient manner
- Manage the team’s velocity and continually improve our processes for organizing and completing the work
- Track project costs in order to meet budget
- Demonstrate a passion for learning, ability to create and adapt systems, and ability to collaborate with creative, technical, and business stakeholders and team members
- Monitor time tracking for the team, ensuring all members are tracking time regularly and accurately
- Lead the development and maintenance of process and procedural documentation
- Consistently and proactively work to identify strengths and weaknesses of existing models and improve them in ways that are unique, appropriate for our clients and their customers, and — where possible — aligned to project management practices
- Assist in establishing needs for process improvement
- Assist in enforcing the planning and strategy deadline throughout Coforma to ensure meetings and delivery happens, as well as supporting with any other key internal deadlines
- Manage team onboarding processes, including educating team members on roles and responsibilities, processes, and templates
- Be comfortable digging into account finances: developing staffing models, writing SOWs, tracking burn rates, etc.
- 8+ years of professional work experience
- At least 4 years of experience as a project manager, delivery manager, Scrum master, or product manager
- Experienced leader with the ability to think strategically and craft and execute on a vision while managing the details
- Experience in an agency, managing medium- to large-scale digital design and development projects
- Experience working cross-functionally with strategists, product designers, developers, communications, and other disciplines
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainty; the ability to adapt nimbly and lead others through complex situations
- Proven experience working with technical stakeholders and team members
- Experience managing milestones, dependencies, communications, and stakeholder expectations
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and orally (whether verbally or through assistive technologies/aids) to increase transparency
- Strong competency in situational awareness, situational leadership, and conflict mitigation and resolution
- Ability to nurture relationships to help drive prioritization across multiple projects and create ecosystems of success
- A proactive, empathetic, persistent, positive, and growth mindset
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Certified Scrum Certification
- 2+ years experience working on a remote team or remote freelancing
- Prior professional services, government, federal, or private consulting experience
- Experience writing or editing requirements for government proposals
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
- Experience using agile frameworks like lean, Scrum, kanban, and TDD
We Don’t Care About
- Whether or not you have a degree of any kind
- Whether your educational major, if you had one, is related to this role
- Whether or not you have GitHub contributions
- Whether or not you have worked at a well-recognized company
- Whether you’re sure that you check every box. (That’s called imposter syndrome, friend.) Apply and we'll discuss it together.
We Care About
- Your passions — professional or otherwise
- Your well-informed opinions about technology, teams, and process
The annual salary range for this position is $128,000 - $148,000.
We use creativity to get results for clients and the communities they serve.
We’ve honed a modern, agile, user-centered approach that elevates human needs through thoughtfully-designed systems and products.
From connecting families in crisis at the US border to improving the way governments consume COVID-19 mobility data through a more accessible and user-friendly tool, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives through thoughtful technology products and services. Together. Our cross-functional team works closely with each other and with our government, nonprofit, and commercial partners to research, design, and build better products and services.
Coforma employs over fifty talented creators. Our leadership has decades of experience in improving government digital services from a civic service mindset, and a strong record of developing innovative technology solutions for government, enterprise, and nonprofits.
We thoughtfully integrate design into product development. We are experts in leading the design and development of products to meet business goals, build alignment, and deliver value through technically feasible and iterative design activities.
Business objectives and human beings are at the center of our work. We work very closely and collaboratively with our partners, from solicitation through to delivery, to ensure that the solution provides a high level of value to the business. Accessibility is never overlooked in our work, and our iterative approach validates the utility and delight of the final product.
Equal Opportunity & Inclusive Workplace
Coforma is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. As a federal government contractor, all employees of Coforma are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Background checks and other security clearances may be required for some roles as it relates to the nature of our client work.
Our team and our office aims to be an accessible and hospitable place to work. We welcome applicants, contractors, and employees who are committed to improving our culture and practices.
Applications are now closed