Senior QA Engineer, API at Aurora Solar
Remote from Canada
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
About the role:
Aurora Solar is a fast-growing Series D company focused on building a clean energy future for all. Aurora makes the software that is enabling society to transition to a world powered by solar power. We want every solar installation in the world to pass through our software, which has already been used to design millions of solar projects. Named one of “The Best Places To Work in 2022” by BuiltInSF.com and awarded #1 Solar Software platform by Solar Power World, Aurora is disrupting the energy industry and changing the course of history. We are experiencing hockey stick growth and are looking for A-players to come join and accelerate the fun.
We are looking for well-rounded software engineers with a passion for testing API endpoints. You will own the quality of many features of the product including the testing strategy, the implementation of a manual test plan and test cases, and their executions to status communication and beyond. You will advocate for our customers and help deliver great value in terms of quality, usability, and functionalities to our customers.
We are a diverse team that’s passionate about advancing the growth of solar energy. If you are looking for a stimulating and fulfilling role, come join us!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with product and engineering teams to understand changes in API endpoints
- Evaluate how changes in the user interface might affect API endpoints including their behavior and/or necessary changes
- Develop and review a comprehensive test plan to validate API endpoints including API responses, consistency, and interoperability between API endpoints' behavior and user interface functionality
- Implement API automation test framework
- Automate test cases and incorporate them into the CI/CD process
- Report bugs and validate them once ready
- Support all releases by running a set of designated tests specific to each release and support releases of features behind the feature flagsAnalyze and triage Production API endpoint-related issues and convey to all stakeholders accordingly
What we value:
- Deep comprehension of how APIs work
- Experience with building API automation test frameworks and integrating them with the build and release process
- Ability to partner with product manager and engineers to develop a comprehensive test plan and test strategy based on a feature's “happy path” acceptance criteria
- Ability to test SAAS-based applications in multiple platforms including desktop and mobile devices
- Comprehension of database schema and the ability to write SQL to retrieve data to support testingPassion for renewable energy and sustainability
Aurora is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workforce of people who believe in and are passionate about creating a future of solar energy for all. We are an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and consider qualified applicants regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. We encourage you to apply even if you believe that you do not meet all of the above criteria!
Applications are now closed