Senior Software Engineer, Backend (Developer Tooling) at Affirm
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
Developer Productivity engineering’s purpose is to make work better for every engineer at Affirm. This group is responsible for development tooling, pre-Production environments, and everything that make working in a complex technical environment easier and more efficient. We are responsible for everything between the developer’s laptop all the way to production–everything in between including local development environments, CI/CD pipeline and workflow, test automation framework, Git branching, dependency management, and release engineering. We help developers write code and release into production as quickly and as safely as possible. Effectively serving a 1000+ strong engineering group working across a wide array of technologies in a hypergrowth Fintech environment is a fascinating challenge.
What You'll Do
- Build scalable developer productivity solutions for Affirm Engineering that will scale from 1000 engineers to 3000.
- Design and develop innovative automated solutions that enable developers to stay productive as they continue to add product features and functionalities
- Create best-in-industry solution for build, CI, release workflow, deployment automation, and environment management.
- Understand, analyze usage of and drive improvements to developer journey
- Build tools that measure operational performance of all aspects of developer experience
- Collaborate with developers, architects and release engineering to keep overall development process efficient
- Stay abreast of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Affirm’s development processes
- Be a critical part of Affirm’s Platform Engineering team, the backbone of Engineering at Affirm
What We Look For
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Experience in creating and improving fundamental engineering processes
- Enthusiasm about providing a great experience to other software engineers
- Proficiency developing and debugging in one or more programming languages.
- Familiarity with CI/CD pipelines, BuildKite, Bazel, and tools
- Familiarity with build, test, and deploy automation, using gradle, maven, minikube.
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus.
- Experience with Kubernetes or AWS ECS a plus.
- You understand the trade-offs between build and buy.
- You prefer automated processes over manual ones.
- Eagerness to learn new problem space, tools, and technology
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 22,042 - 27,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Applications are now closed