Senior Software Engineer - Customer Experience at Mozilla
Remote US, Remote Canada, Remote Germany, Remote UK, Remote Spain
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The Customer Experience team is a small team with an outsized impact at Mozilla. We are responsible for supporting Mozilla’s family of products including Firefox, Pocket, Mozilla VPN, and more. Our team owns Mozilla’s support platform which hosts our knowledge base and support forum, and is home to a global community of passionate volunteers who spend their time answering user questions and writing and localizing knowledge base articles into more than 50 languages. We partner with teams across Mozilla to support initiatives large and small, and share valuable insights we earn from our support interactions to help improve our products and services.
We are looking for a senior software engineer to join the Customer Experience team to help us maintain and evolve Mozilla’s support platform which is used by more than one million users every day. This is a great opportunity for anyone who is looking to grow their career by kickstarting the next chapter of Mozilla’s support platform and strategy. Our team is entirely remote, as are many of our other colleagues, so our meeting hours tend to span from Central European to Pacific time zones.
What you will do:
- Influence and shape the evolution of the architecture and technologies that we use and participate in the design of modern scalable systems.
- Contribute to and demonstrate ownership over major components of the Support platform, taking responsibility for their maintenance and improvement over time.
- Review code from other team members (as well as get your own code reviewed)
- Write unit tests and track defects as they occur. Build performant, decoupled, testable, and maintainable code.
- Engage with multi platform, multi-channel support systems.
- Participate in stand-ups, bug triages, retrospectives, and other team meetings
- Make accurate estimates for upcoming work, communicate technical solutions effectively, and report progress
- Enjoy sharing your know-how and mentoring more junior members.
What you already have:
- At least 3 years of professional experience in developing software
- Experience writing clean, performant, open source, and standards compliant code
- Enjoy working the full stack front to back, inside and out.
- Extensive experience with Python development and Web frameworks like Django
- Experience developing REST APIs
- Experience with relational databases
- Comfortable working with Git
- Experience developing CI/CD workflows
- Familiarity with Kubernetes, AWS and Terraform
- Ability to work productively on a remote, geographically distributed team
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Applications are now closed