Senior Software Engineer - Python at Vivian
Denver, San Francisco, Remote
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
At Vivian Health, we’re on a mission to transform hiring and recruiting in healthcare. We’re a high impact and positive impact business working to efficiently and cost effectively match the right talent to the right jobs in the healthcare sector, and as a result, help reduce healthcare costs and improve patient care.
We started by bringing transparency and increased access to the opaque and offline $17 billion temporary healthcare staffing industry, and we are now building the largest marketplace in the $1.5 trillion healthcare labor market that enables all healthcare professionals to find their perfect job opportunity, faster and easier than ever before.
Vivian Health's mission is to empower every healthcare professional to find their perfect job opportunity, faster and easier than ever before. Through the Vivian Health platform, we enable staffing agencies and healthcare employers to more easily find relevant talent, communicate more efficiently, and make better hiring decisions, ultimately enabling them to serve patients more safely and effectively.
Vivian Health is searching for Senior Backend Engineers that will help us with our mission to empower healthcare professionals to find their dream job. The position involves working alongside our sales, product, and design teams to empower our customers by building external integrations, tasks, and contributing to our company goals while bringing the best possible experience to our users.
Some of the characteristics we use to define a Senior Engineer are:
- Formulates problems and proposes solutions.
- Selects the best frameworks, tools, and languages used in development and understands their tradeoffs.
- Knows business metrics affecting the team and how we’re tracking against goals & broader company initiatives.
- Not only translates objectives into requirements, but influences objectives via technical understanding.
- Prioritizes work against business objectives.
- Can act as an architect.
- Can lead projects as necessary.
- Effectively estimates work and delivers on time.
- Is sought out for code review as someone who provides valuable feedback.
- Takes ownership of issues and legacy systems.
- Approaches everything with a solutions-oriented mindset.
Work alongside a growing and inclusive engineering team focused on delivering the best experience to our users. Our engineering team breaks out into focused, purpose-driven pods so that each individual has an opportunity to materially impact the company goals. We work in two-week sprints and meet regularly to discuss blockers and address needs from the team while making time to focus on our work by protecting everyone’s work schedules.
Collaboration means everything to us! Our engineering team strives for a seamless onboarding experience by providing documentation and a mentor to help every step of the way. We encourage asking questions and providing feedback while working together to build the best product. Our team is better because of the different experiences we bring to the table. Come bring your unique perspective and help us give back to the healthcare professionals that have given so much to us!
THE REQUIRED SKILL SET:
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with relational databases and ORMs, we use Postgres and Sequelize
- Experience working with third party APIs and services
THE NICE TO HAVES:
- Experience working within a distributed team
- Exposure to Heroku
- Experience working with React
- Experience writing integration and unit tests
- Experience with parallelizing Python scripts
- Experience with REST and/or SOAP APIs
THE SALARY, BENEFITS & PERKS:
The range for this position is $120,000 - $170,000 yearly salary, dependent on job-related, non-discriminatory factors such as experience, education, and skills. This range is based on a full-time schedule.
At Vivian Health, we offer a competitive compensation package, with benefits including:
- Flexible Time Off
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plans including HSA and FSA Options
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Generous Parental Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit Plan
- Work from home stipend
- Access to Corporate Discount Program
- Pet Insurance
Salary and benefits information is being included in this job posting in accordance with Colorado state law.
Applications are now closed