Senior Software Engineer, Vaccines at Color
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Color is a health technology company that makes population-scale healthcare programs accessible, convenient, and cost-effective for everyone. We have raised $100 million in Series E funding, bringing our valuation to $4.6 billion and our total raised amount to $378 million. We work with governments, public health institutions, employers, and national health initiatives around the world to provide the tools for preventive health and infectious disease management, including testing, vaccinations, and other services.
Apply to join Color and do the most meaningful work of your career. If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge - we want you to apply!
What we offer:
💰 Competitive salary
✨ Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, life, and disability benefits
📈 401k match
📝 Monthly phone and wifi stipend for employees
🏝 Generous vacation policy, paid holidays and company-wide recharge days
🍼 Equal paid parental leave for birthing and non-birthing parents
🧬 Four complimentary clinical-grade genetic testing kits for you and your family
Color’s Vaccines engineering team is building products to ensure easy and equitable access to immunizations against diseases including COVID-19, Flu and many more. Our vaccines platform optimizes the way the public access vaccination appointments, and enables healthcare providers to easily manage vaccine inventory, schedule appointments and communicate with patients. This team is building and scaling our vaccination delivery platform to millions of users. Upon joining, you will have a direct impact on one of the most convenient and safest preventive care measures available.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Design and build novel products and features to address long-standing problems in healthcare, with a focus on vaccinations.
- Collaborate with product, design, data science, and our scientific teams to build cutting-edge experiences and services
- Improve the quality, reliability, and speed of our core products and services
- Propose and implement changes to our data models, core architecture, and codebase
- Develop all levels of the technical stack even if you’re more experienced in some layers
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- You’re passionate about using software and technology to help save lives, slow the spread of the pandemic, and reduce the risk of populations to a multitude of diseases. You want to apply your skills in the service of a greater mission.
- You have 4+ years of industry experience as a software engineer (or equivalent role).
- You've built and launched numerous features, products or systems successfully into the wild and iterated to incorporate user feedback.
- You maintain a high bar for quality of code and work hard to eliminate unnecessary duplication and awkward workarounds. You're passionate about rigorous engineering practices and discipline: code reviews, automated testing, logging, monitoring, alerting, etc, etc.
- You effectively communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical collaborators: you identify core challenges in complex situations, explain trade offs, and incorporate feedback to make decisions using code reviews, docs, wikis, meetings, and other channels as needed.
- You have defined product roadmaps in close collaboration with Product Managers, Designers, Researchers and other stakeholders.
- You have experience with modern web stacks.
Nice to Have:
- You’re productive in one or several items from our technology stack including Python, Django, AWS, SQL, REST APIs, React, HTML5, CSS3, and ES6+.
- You have acted as a technical lead for teams or projects of 1-3 engineers.
Possible Projects To Contribute To:
- Optimize registration flows to help families and individuals get vaccinated.
- Create easier, richer appointment and scheduling experiences.
- Enhance our inventory management system to deliver a world-class experience for healthcare professionals.
- Create experiences to help people securely report and retrieve their vaccination status.
- Much much more.
Color is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Color prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Color conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified applicants with disabilities in our recruitment process.
Mandatory Vaccination Policy Disclosure
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Color requires anyone working onsite or visiting Color’s offices to confirm they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious accommodation is timely requested and approved. Please reach out if you have questions or concerns about this policy and how it may apply to your candidacy for a role with Color.
Applications are now closed