Social Media and Design Intern, Nigeria at Change
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Job Title: Social Media and Design Intern, Nigeria
Work Status (FT/PT): Full Time, 6 month contract
Location: Preferred Lagos or Abuja, will consider other locations
Salary Band: 1
Learn and Work Program
Social Media and Design Internship at Change.org Nigeria
Do you want to learn and develop your skills in campaigning, social media and design as part of the largest petition platform in the world?
We're looking for a Social Media and Design Intern to join our Learn and Work Program at Change.org Nigeria..
We’re a non-profit owned social impact business, and the largest tech platform focused on civic action in the world with 50 million monthly users, 50,000 campaigns launched on the site every month, hundreds of millions of signatures per year, and over 200 staff. We are sustainable, growing fast, and executing on a plan to deepen and scale the social movements on our platform, from strengthening criminal justice in Nigeria, to fighting inequity in English testing, to fighting corruption in Indonesia, Italy, and Brazil. Our mandate is to deepen and expand positive social impact driven by regular citizens who are most impacted by issues.
The perfect candidate for the Social Media and Design Internship will be an energetic and self-motivated individual who’s passionate about social change and social justice issues, who wants to enhance their social media and design skills as part of a team at the forefront of technology and citizen campaigns.
We'd love it if you..
- Are a recent graduate in digital marketing and communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, media or broadcasting, or other related field.
- Are passionate about and experienced in Social Media, Design and Digital Marketing.
- Have experience creating content and managing campaigns for social media (including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, or Tiktok).
- Have practical knowledge of social media networks, and how best to leverage them to create passionate communities (including Tiktok, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- Have practical experience using design tools such as Photoshop, Canva, or other similar tools.
- Have experience with graphic design and video production and are prepared to help us create hard-hitting content for Change.org Nigeria’s online channels.
- Have experience with social media analytics tools such as google analytics and crowd tangle.
- Have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing priorities whilst delivering quality and timely content.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have some Startup DNA – you will need to be flexible, pragmatic, strategic, tenacious, and take ownership of deliverables and outcomes.
To Thrive On Our Team You Will Need to Be…
- Proactive and willing to think of solutions and propose ideas.
- Eager to learn, grow and accept new challenges.
- Able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Very informed about main social issues in Nigeria and its protagonists.
- Able to work independently and display initiative.
What you'll learn...
- Social media content strategy and execution.
- Supporting and escalating campaigns.
- Effective communication between colleagues.
- Empathy for audiences and problem solving through social media content and campaigns.
- Working with a campaigns team in developing social media strategies for campaigns.
- Organization and data analysis skills.
- Growth mindset.
If you’re looking to gain valuable social media and design experience with a global organization we encourage you to apply.
Interested? Great! Here's what you should know:
- This is a 6-month paid internship contract with the possibility of renewal. The internship is full-time.
- This is a remote role and can be based anywhere within Nigeria.
- Applications will be accepted until March 31, 2022. We anticipate moving very quickly in our interview process.
As part of your application you’ll need to submit:
- Your cover letter (max 1 page) and CV
- A graphic you created
- A short video you created
- Link to a social media post you authored that performed well
We’re a small, results-oriented team. We’re driven by helping our users have impact. It’s a fast-paced, collaborative and supportive environment. Your co-workers are high-impact, low-ego, and have a deep respect for our users. We expect you to be the same.
Change.org is committed to being a diverse and inclusive workplace. We encourage applicants of different backgrounds, cultures, genders, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. Join us to help change the world.
Applications are now closed