Software Engineer, Backend (Debit+ Risk) at Affirm
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm proudly includes Returnly.
The Debit+ Risk Engineering team is looking for a passionate Software Engineer to help build the tools and systems that we use to manage credit, fraud, and compliance risk. Debit+ is Affirm newest financial product that marries the functionality of a debit card with access to Affirm's buy now pay later financing options. Our ability to effectively manage Debit+’s exposure to risk is critical to our ability to reach new customers and improve financial lives. We work closely with credit and fraud analysts, data science, product, and a wide range of engineering teams to both leverage existing systems and build new systems.
This role requires a high level of technical capability, strong cross functional communication, and a creative mindset. Our work needs to be correct, scalable, and extensible. Our job is to outwit, outrun and defeat those who either intentionally or unintentionally misuse our product.
Affirm is experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What You'll Do
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Work cross functionally with colleagues in Machine Learning, Product, and Analytics teams to set and execute our risk mitigation strategy for the Debit card
- Build APIs and data models to work within micro-service and event-driven architectures
What We Look For
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- A proficient understanding of distributed systems and how architectural decisions affect performance and maintainability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Must be proficient in asynchronous mode of communication–written tech specs, wiki, project plans, etc.
- Excellent project management skills–high degree of organization and ability to surface critical information effectively.
- Work with our Product team to extend our core decisioning service; building new risk and fraud mitigation features
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Python/Kotlin development experience is a plus.
- Experience with AWS and/or other cloud providers is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive package, with some highlights listed below. However, the given figures are not guaranteed compensation ranges; rather, they are unbinding, approximate indications of what the salary may be for your awareness. The actual salary may be less than the lower range or greater than the upper range, depending on skills and experience. No employee is guaranteed salary at the amount of the lower range.
- Targeted Gross Monthly Salary: 18,840 - 23,550 PLN
- Flexible Spending Wallets for tech, food and lifestyle
- Generous time off policies
- Away Days - wellness days to take off work and recharge
- Learning & Development programs
- Parental leave
- Robust health benefits
- Employee Resource & Community Groups
Location - Remote Poland
The majority of our roles can be located anywhere in Poland.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
[For U.S. Candidates] All full-time jobs at Affirm (excluding interns and apprentices) are tied to a transparent grade-based pay range taking location into account. The grade for this position is noted above and in accordance with various U.S. pay transparency laws, we provide the base pay range and benefits for our U.S.-based positions in the links below:
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2021 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.
Applications are now closed