Software Engineer, Customer Platform at Planet Labs
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, and operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, and humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company and data company all rolled into one.
Customers and users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, and solve our world’s toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, and software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture and community and we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first and prepares our company for growth. Join Planet and be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
The customer platform team is looking for a full-stack software engineer who will be responsible for building systems and integrating third-party services that will help our users lower their time to value. In this role, you will work with multiple internal teams to coordinate the integration of Single Sign-On (SSO) across Planet’s software platform and integrate new product offerings and platform capabilities. Your work will be highly visible and will directly impact the ability of customers to get faster access to Planet’s unprecedented datasets as well as streamlining the internal processes for handling customer accounts management.
Impact You’ll Own:
- Integrate 3rd party services into Planet’s products
- Automate & streamline user account creation
- Improve the new user experience on Planet’s website
- Build new services and features to support Planet’s growing platform
- Help to define, create and analyze usage metrics to drive customer growth
What You Bring:
- Full stack application development experience (Database, Services, Web)
- Fluency in Python or Go, PostGreSQL, React & Material UI or related technologies
- Designing and evolving public-facing APIs
- Curiosity, Innovation, Collaboration
- Passion for improving developer velocity
- Experience scaling and maintaining production systems
- 3+ years industry experience
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Versatility - the ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Experience with OAuth2 and/or API authentication protocols
- Experience building customer/product management systems
- Positive attitude, excitement about Planet’s mission
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nationalities with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse and inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within and outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks and meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups and the opportunity to be part of a community
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment and wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Contributions to Company Pension scheme
- Enjoy unique offers and discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Why we care so much about Belonging.
We’re dedicated to helping the whole Planet, and to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices and on all of our teams. That’s why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity and inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but you’re thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We don’t just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill people’s careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope you’re excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs and we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community and we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential and we will be happy to assist you.
Applications are now closed