Software Engineer – Java, Spring Framework at Emeritus
Remote - India
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
We are looking for a Java Developer to join our core engineering team and help us build world class software and web-based applications.
Java Developer responsibilities include creating back-end solutions, building micro-services and REST API’s. If you’re interested in getting your hands dirty with writing code to build platform from scratch and be a member of core technical team, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will contribute in all phases of the software development life cycle, from design to deployment to on-call production support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and develop optimized code compliant to specification and technology standards.
- Discuss and contribute towards architectural and design decisions with the team.
- Collaborate with project teams to ensure solutions meet business objectives and fall within timelines and acceptance criteria.
- Write effective and scalable code using Java/J2EE, Spring projects
- Create and refine best practices, coding standards, and documentation, and takes the opportunity to share knowledge across the team.
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment.
- Participate in testing of prototypes & validate test procedures to ensure that they are applicable to the design.
- Make recommendations to refine and improve our engineering practices.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience.
- 3-4 years of experience as Java/J2ee developer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong Java Developer with good understanding of full product development lifecycle including requirements, design, build, test, and deployment.
- Hands on with Spring projects (Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Spring Cloud Data flow, Spring Data, Spring Integration, Spring Batch, Spring Security).
- Good working knowledge and experience with building Micro services and REST APIs using Spring tools.
- Experience working with MySQL, PostgreSQL databases.
- Ability to learn new technologies fast and implement required POCs and prototypes hands on to make sure that suggested design/technologies meet the requirements.
- Identify and implement re-useable components, patterns and tools.
- Proficiency in applying object-oriented principles and recommended design patterns to create robust and scalable system design.
- Experience working with CI/CD processes and tool automation
- Knowledge of Agile software development (Scrum, Kanban)
Good to have
- Ed-tech domain experience
- Work experience with AWS or GCP
- Continuous Testing - ATDD, Cucumber, Gherkin
- Experience with Code Quality Tools like Sonar, Check style, Find bugs
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applications are now closed