Software Engineer (Remote) at Coforma
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Coforma is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing, distributed team.
The Software Engineer enjoys tackling complex problems while working with other members of our cross-disciplinary teams to deliver elegant solutions across a full, modern technology stack. If this is you, then you must be comfortable with both front-end and back-end development, and prepared to craft code that is accessible, maintainable, documented, and tested.
At Coforma, Software Engineers work closely with designers, and often participate in research activities to reduce friction and increase understanding and empathy. As such, your passion for articulating how to execute in the pursuit of doing what’s right is a feature, not a bug.
Let’s build software that makes an impact, and let’s ensure the delivery of code that we can be proud to say we worked on together.
$80-145K Base Salary + Benefits + Growth Potential
This is a remote role. When Coronavirus breaks, some travel may be required. Today, due to COVID-19, no travel is anticipated or required.
What you’ll do
- Collaborate with the product team, government/client stakeholders, and other contractors to build new systems and make improvements to existing systems
- Design and spec out major functionality
- Participate in planning, including breaking down requirements into tasks
- Test software development methodology in an agile environment
- Work alongside other engineers on the team to elevate technology and consistently apply best practices
- Have an eye on accessibility, always
What you know
- How to build applications using modern client-side frameworks such as React, Angular, and Vue.js
- How to deliver application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, and performant
- How and why to deliver polished, easy-to-read, well-documented code; ESList & Prettier a plus
- How to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Scrum/agile development methodologies, including SAFe
What you’ve done
- 2+ years experience working with APIs
- 2+ years experience working with React, Redux, and Node.js
- 2+ years professional experience developing software in a team environment
Team & General Qualifications
- Must be legally authorized to work in the US now and in the future without sponsorship
- Analytical — strong analytical skills and an ability to create systems
- Planner — able to anticipate what could go wrong when planning and coordinating
- Organized — able to prioritize projects and complete tasks on time
- Self-starter — works well without a lot of direction
- Cooperative — able to manage up and work with top executives, high-level contacts; cooperate with staff across different teams
- Communicative — able to communicate ideas and create personal relationships through writing and in-person exchanges
- A thoughtful documenter, communicating the important details of their work for others to follow.
- Able to attend occasional in-person meetings on request and with advance notice
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and experience successfully balancing multiple tasks
- Access to strong, reliable internet for the remote nature of our work
- Prior professional services, government, or federal consulting experience
- Experience working on a remote team or remote freelancing
- Operational knowledge of the software development lifecycle, virtual machine environments, and modern DevSecOps
- Hands-on experience with AWS and/or Azure a plus
- The ideal applicant will be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, flexible, innovative, and attentive to detail
We Don’t Care About
- Whether or not you have a degree of any kind
- Whether your educational major, if you had one, is related to this role
- Whether or not you have GitHub contributions
- Whether or not you have worked at a well-recognized company
We Do Care About
- Your passions — professional or otherwise
- Your well-informed opinions about technology, teams, and process
We participate in E-Verify. Upon hire, we will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. This role is required to work from the contiguous United States.
We use creativity to get results for clients and the communities they serve.
We’ve honed a modern, agile, user-centered approach that elevates human needs through thoughtfully-designed systems and products.
From connecting families in crisis at the US border to improving the way governments consume COVID-19 mobility data through a more accessible and user-friendly tool, we’re dedicated to improving people’s lives through thoughtful technology products and services. Together. Our cross-functional team works closely with each other and with our government, nonprofit, and commercial partners to research, design, and build better products and services.
Coforma employs over fifty talented creators. Our leadership has decades of experience in improving government digital services from a civic service mindset, and a strong record of developing innovative technology solutions for government, enterprise, and nonprofits.
We thoughtfully integrate design into product development. We are experts in leading the design and development of products to meet business goals, build alignment, and deliver value through technically feasible and iterative design activities.
Business objectives and human beings are at the center of our work. We work very closely and collaboratively with our partners, from solicitation through to delivery, to ensure that the solution provides a high level of value to the business. Accessibility is never overlooked in our work, and our iterative approach validates the utility and delight of the final product.
Equal Opportunity & Inclusive Workplace
Coforma is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination. As a federal government contractor, all employees of Coforma are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by January 4, 2022. Background checks and other security clearances may be required for some roles as it relates to the nature of our client work.
Our team and our office aims to be an accessible and hospitable place to work. We welcome applicants, contractors, and employees who are committed to improving our culture and practices.
Applications are now closed