Solutions Engineer at Overstory
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Working to solve our climate crisis is the most important mission of our time, and the most exciting problem to be working on in tech. If you want to have a real impact, come join our talented, passionate team. Our company is based in Amsterdam but we work remotely, with people living all over Western Europe and in the U.S.
Overstory’s mission is to help solve our climate crisis by providing real-time intelligence about the planet’s vegetation. In our first step toward this mission, we are applying machine learning to satellite imagery to track forests and vegetation, helping to reduce the risk of wildfires and power outages. We just raised a round of funding, led by Moxxie Ventures and Capital T. Other investors include: Pale Blue Dot, Omidyar Technology Ventures, Toba Capital, Overwater Ventures, Climate Capital and Techstars. With a dozen paying clients, we have already proven our business model and we’re all united behind our ambitious vision to scale up this model to help humanity and the planet.
We’re looking to hire an experienced Solutions Engineer based in the US. In this technical customer-facing role, you will work alongside the sales, product, tech and leadership team.
About this role
- Supporting the sales process by translating a prospect's needs into a demo or MVP product
- Researching available (GIS) data sources and combining them with the existing Overstory products to create early value
- Creating technical solution prototypes and presenting them back to prospective customers
- Provide (scientific) consulting to prospective clients on how geospatial data and data science can be used to solve business challenges
- Work with the (prospective) customer to ensure the required data and information is shared with Overstory for the setup of the product and integration
- Build out documentation and knowledge based articles on technical and security topics
- Supporting the sales team with technical queries
- Generate content (e.g. sales collateral, blog posts, data visualized on maps, etc.) to demonstrate the value of Overstory’s offering to prospective clients
You are curious, detail-attentive and you have a client-centric approach. You don’t need to have everything well defined before you act, you’re a self-starter who will make things happen. You are an excellent communicator and you believe best results are achieved when working together. You have a passion for the urgency of solving our climate crisis.
- Previous work experience as a solutions engineer, pre-sales engineer or sales engineer
- Experience using GIS tools, for example ArcGIS, QGIS, and Google Earth Engine
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas and communicate value in a clear and user-friendly way
- Attention to detail
- Experience in working in sales in a venture backed SaaS company, at Seed, Series A or Series B stage
About our team
We’re a group of 26 people from all over the world (Netherlands, Portugal, Italy, US, France, Russia, Australia). We’re all united behind a big vision to help humanity and the planet. We all work remotely, and occasionally (optionally!) meet for in-person collaboration.
What you get
- Generous stock options and competitive salary.
- To be a part of truly mission-driven work that reduces wildfires, protects earth’s natural resources, and reverses climate change.
- Flexible working environment with a lot of autonomy. We build our work days around our lives, not the other way around.
- The chance to build something from scratch and put your mark on it. Creating a product that solves real climate-related problems — one that is fast and a joy to use — is the exciting opportunity.
- To be surrounded by an excellent, vibrant, smart team who have each other's back and believe in a culture of openness, tolerance, and respect.
Diversity & Inclusion
We place enormous value on diversity and inclusion with regards to gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, age, education, disability, disciplines and skillsets. We believe that the best ideas emerge when people with different perspectives and approaches work together on a problem.
We’re always looking to diversify our team further, but we’re proud of the fact that four out of the six people on our leadership team are female or non-white males, 38% of the overall team identifies as female and 25% of the team are people of color. Eight nationalities are represented in our team, and we speak eight languages: English, Dutch, French, Italian, Indonesian, Portuguese, Cantonese and Russian.
Applications are now closed