Sr. Associate Operations– Information Security at Emeritus
Remote - India
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Emeritus is committed to teaching the skills of the future by making high-quality education accessible and affordable to individuals, companies, and governments around the world. It does this by collaborating with more than 50 top-tier universities across the United States, Europe, Latin America, Southeast Asia, India and China. Emeritus’ short courses, degree programs, professional certificates, and senior executive programs help individuals learn new skills and transform their lives, companies and organizations. Its unique model of state-of-the-art technology, curriculum innovation, and hands-on instruction from senior faculty, mentors and coaches has educated more than 250,000 individuals across 80+ countries. Founded in 2015, Emeritus, part of Eruditus Group, has more than 2,000 employees globally and offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Shanghai, Singapore, Palo Alto, Mexico City, New York, Boston, London, and Dubai. Following its $650 million Series E funding round in August 2021, the Company is valued at $3.2 billion, and is backed by Accel, SoftBank Vision Fund 2, the Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Leeds Illuminate, Prosus Ventures, Sequoia Capital India, and Bertelsmann.
Role & responsibilities:
- Monitor computer networks for security issues.
- Investigate security breaches and other cybersecurity incidents.
- Install security measures and operate software to protect systems and information infrastructure, including firewalls and data encryption programs.
- Document security breaches and assess the damage they cause.
- Work along with the Infosec Manager to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Fix detected vulnerabilities to maintain a high-security standard.
- Work along with InfoSec Manager to develop company-wide best practices for IT security.
- Work along with the InfoSec manager on the VAPT (On-premise & cloud infra)
- Help colleagues install security software and understand information security management.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Stay up to date on information technology trends and security standards.
- Prepare weekly/monthly security compliance reports
- Review security logs of on-premise Infra, endpoint security & cloud infra and take necessary remediation steps.
Key skills and qualifications:
- 4- 7 years of experience in the Information Security field
- Good understanding of security risk management frameworks, including related regulatory compliance requirements (e.g. NIST CSF & 800-53, ISO27001, SOC, HITRUST, HIPAA, Fed Ramp, PCI, GDPR)
- Experience in conducting/participating in InfoSec audits
- Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts in simple terms for key stakeholders
- Good understanding of using SIEM tools like Splunk, Sumologic, Cloudflare, Qradar, LogRhythm, ArcSight, etc.
- Experience in working in a SOC team is a plus
- Understanding Endpoint security solutions & managing them is great to have
- Understanding network, system & server security is a big plus
- Experience in managing cloud security on AWS, GCP or Azure is an added advantage
- ITIL Certified.
- CISSP/CISM/CCSP certification would be added advantage.
Emeritus provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applications are now closed