Sr. Director of Business Operations at Go Fund Me
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for a Senior Director of Business Operations who will lead our newly formed Business Operations (Biz Ops) function. BizOps will work across all teams to drive growth and improve internal operations at scale. You will manage high-impact and cross-functional projects, drive process improvements, and deliver objective analysis and insights.
We are looking for an analytical, curious, process-oriented, and data-driven leader to join the team who will interact with senior leaders across the organization and provide leadership, guidance, and assistance to help drive growth and operational efficiency. This is a critical role and function that will help us pursue our vision to become the most helpful place in the world.
You will be a good fit if you enjoy digging deep into data, excel in problem-solving, mobilizing execution through cross-functional collaboration and have demonstrated success in managing complex projects. This strategic, but hands-on role will report directly to the SVP of Finance and is located in the Western part of the US.
- Act as a key stakeholder in discovering insights that drive operational improvement in the day-to-day running of the business, and that unlock the potential of strategic business decisions
- Drive highly visible strategic projects and process optimization, work cross-functionally to identify and analyze opportunities for business improvements, and develop solutions and actionable recommendations through a rigorous, data-driven process
- Develop data-driven investment theses, business cases, and success criteria for initiatives that enable growth and drive performance and productivity improvements
- Establish key operating KPIs to drive accountability and measure the progress of key operational priorities and strategic initiatives
- Drive ownership and accountability for KPIs across the organization and lead reporting for key forums such as QBRs, KPI reviews, and all-hands meetings
- Partner with the executive team and key leaders across product, engineering, marketing, sales, communications, and customer care to identify key deliverables, set clear milestones, and help resolve cross-functional dependencies to drive company-wide alignment
- Influence business strategy by identifying key insights and help drive alignment across the leadership team
- Bring best practices to develop, implement, and manage policies and processes that scale our business operations
- Drive automation and improve existing business systems and reporting
- Develop a deep understanding of our global peer and competitive landscape to identify business investment opportunities as well as potential challenges that may impact GoFundMe’s position
- 10+ years of Business Operations experience with a mix of strategy, business operations in the consumer internet space or top-tier consulting firm/investment bank with strong exposure to the tech industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or related field; MBA preferred
- Excellent business judgment, strategic and structured thinking, and experience leading people and projects
- Organized, strategically focused, detailed oriented, and able to deal with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment
- Strategic problem solver with the ability to go deep to understand a problem and then pull up to help your teammates understand potential solutions and the tradeoffs
- Strong analytical and modeling skills to solve complex business problems
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Measured, clear, and concise communication & presentation skills
- Can navigate networks of systems and people to find the information you need and are tenacious in solving unsolved problems and bringing clarity to areas of confusion
- Ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks and concrete action plans to drive clarity and results
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build successful relationships and partner across the organizational structure
- Action-oriented and solution-driven with the ability to thrive in a fast pace environment
- Manage highly confidential information with professionalism and unquestionable integrity
- Technically proficient: SQL, Excel, Sheets, Slides
- Excited about GoFundMe's mission. Ethics, Values, and Inclusion
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe: