Sr. Revenue Accountant (Remote) at Aspiration
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Aspiration is in the business of fighting the climate crisis. We help people and businesses build sustainable impact into what they do every day by making it easy, automated, and powerful -- whether it is in the ways people spend and save their money or the ways businesses engage their customers and employees. Across our initiatives--from our debit and credit cards to our global scale reforestation and carbon credit projects--the estimated cumulative climate impact of the Aspiration community thus far is the equivalent of taking every car in the state of Wyoming off the road for a year. With more than 7 million members, over $550 million in funding to date, and a commitment to plant one billion trees by 2030, Aspiration is not only a certified B Corporation but has been named to the “Best for the World” list of the top five percent of highest scored certified B Corporations five times in a row.
Our Core Values are Aspiration’s guiding principles:
Action: We take initiative. We are doers, not bystanders.
Boldness: We don’t tinker, we transform.
Customer-Centered: Our customers are at the core of our business. Delivering for them is our North Star.
Diligence & Dedication: We do what we say we’re going to do, when we say we’re going to do it.
Entrepreneurial: Act like an entrepreneur not an employee, generate results for the company and customers everyday.
What You'll Do
- Preparing and booking revenue journal entries
- Drive institutional change in accounts receivable process, contract invoicing, and revenue collection
- Work with accounting team to understand contract revenue recognition and unearned revenue
- Work with business development team and other departments to assist with properly understand contracts and revenue recognition criteria
- Track and monitor accounts receivable
- Assist with month-end close process
- Support accounting team and ensure backup documentation is properly filed and organized
- Assist with other ad-hoc or project-related responsibilities as needed to support the Finance Department
- Walkthrough and document significant accounting processes and related internal controls in support of the development of revenue accounting process
What You'll Bring
- 4+ experience in Revenue Accounting Role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- Strong working knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookup)
- Knowledge of US GAAP financial statements and internal controls
- Experience with SOX requirements
- Experience with recurring revenue business modeling
- Experience running accounts receivable operations
- Experience with ASC 606 Revenue Recognition & Contract Billing
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Driven to learn fast, be creative, and win as a team
- Ability to meet hard deadlines
What You'll Get
- Work for a mission-driven company to transform the lives of millions by building a better, values-oriented financial firm.
- Opportunity to be part of and to contribute to ESG, as a steward of social and environmental change.
- Participation opportunities in Diversity, Equity and Inclusion employee activities and events
- Robust benefit offerings, including medical, dental, vision and 401k.
- Parental Leave expansion (12 weeks of paid leave over the course of a year)
- Pet Insurance and other voluntary benefit plan offerings
- Unlimited vacation time and 80 hours of sick time annually
- 13 Paid Holidays
- Work from home setup and equipment reimbursement
- Semi - annual performance reviews
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
Aspiration is proud to be an ESG company. We are an equal opportunity workplace. Diversity at Aspiration is not just compliance-driven. Diversity is our compass to drive equitable practices; to celebrate individuality; and to foster the uniqueness within each of us that makes our products, services, and culture better than most. Yes, we are proud to be a DEI company and we encourage everyone, inside and outside of Aspiration, to show up as you are and as you want to be, every day.
This organization participates in E-Verify. Find more information here!
Please review our CCPA Policies here.
Applications are now closed