Sr. Software Engineer (Back-end) at Anaconda
Remote, Germany, UK
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Role: Sr. Software Engineer (Back-end)
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote, Germany, UK
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 26 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, champion its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is why people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Sr. Software Engineer (Back End) to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Be a key member of the Anaconda Server team
- Attend daily scrum meetings, and sprint ceremonies.
- Work with other teams to coordinate joint deliverables
- Work with QA team to ensure highest level of product quality
- Review PRs, contribute to engineering and product discussions, and maintain software documentation
- Work on designing and implementing enterprise repository products
What You Need:
- Experience with Python
- Experience with database design and optimisations
- Experience with good api design, and/or microservices architecture, and/or Docker and other container tools
- Good understanding of how web applications work including REST APIs and best development practices
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Experience working with cloud infrastructure (i.e AWS, Azure or GCP)
- Experience working on authentication / authorization components
- Experience with Golang
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- Unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth
- Dynamic company that rewards high performers
- On the cutting edge of enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking
- Employees-first culture
- Flexible working hours
- Health and Remote working reimbursement
- Additional paid parental leave for fathers
- Pre-IPO stock options
- Open vacation policy and monthly company days off known as Snake Days (Minimum 42 days off)
- 100% remote and flexible working policy – we embrace this fully through how we operate as a company.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Applications are now closed