Sr. Software Engineer (Full Stack) at Anaconda
Remote - US, Germany
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Role: Sr. Software Engineer (Shopping Carts)
Reports to: Director of Infrastructure
Location: Remote - US, Germany
Job Type: Full Time, Exempt
Help us Shape the Future of Data
Anaconda is the world’s most popular data science platform. With more than 30 million users, the open source Anaconda Distribution is the easiest way to do data science and machine learning. We pioneered the use of Python for data science, championing its vibrant community, and continue to steward open-source projects that make tomorrow’s innovations possible. Our enterprise-grade solutions enable corporate, research, and academic institutions around the world to harness the power of open source for competitive advantage and groundbreaking research.
Anaconda is seeking people who want to play a role in shaping the future of enterprise machine learning, and data science. Candidates should be knowledgeable and capable, but always eager to learn more and to teach others. Overall, we strive to create a culture of ability and humility and an environment that is both relaxed and focused. We stress empathy and collaboration with our customers, open-source users, and each other.
Here is what people love most about working here: We’re not just a company, we’re part of a movement. Our dedicated employees and user community are democratizing data science and creating and promoting open-source technologies for a better world, and our commercial offerings make it possible for enterprise users to leverage the most innovative output from open source in a secure, governed way.
Anaconda is seeking a talented Ecommerce Engineer to join our rapidly-growing company. This is an excellent opportunity for you to leverage your experience and skills and apply it to the world of data science and machine learning.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive the design and implementation of a new, central shopping platform and experience for all of Anaconda’s products.
- Work across teams to consolidate existing products and tools to the new platform.
- Build self-service tools/runbooks for engineers to build and test integrations against the platform.
- Work across product teams and outside of Anaconda to integrate other purchasing and procurement flows into our platform.
- Create appropriate technical documentation for internal and external customers.
- Ensure all critical components of the platform have appropriate monitoring in place.
- Serve as a point of contact with any vendors that the platform may rely on.
- Work with the Anaconda security team to ensure adherence to security protocols and governance requirements.
What You Need:
- Proven experience in Python and/or Go.
- Experience building OR integrating with a solution like Stripe, Square, etc.
- Integration experience with cloud marketplaces (AWS, Azure, etc.).
- Experience with Microservices authentication.
- Deep understanding of the security and governance issues in the ecommerce space.
- To be self-directed/motivated with excellent organizational skills.
- Comfort with changing requirements and priorities.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure.
- A team attitude: “I am not done, until WE are done”.
- To embody our core values:
- Ability & Humility
- Innovation & Action
- Empathy & Connection
- To care deeply about fostering an environment where people of all backgrounds and experiences can flourish.
What Will Make You Stand Out:
- Hands-on experience with OpenID Connect and OAuth2 specifications.
- Experience migrating applications between identity platforms.
- Experience extending open-source IAM solutions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Experience working in an open source or data science-oriented company.
- Experience working with and building Saas and on-prem software.
- Experience with Kubernetes and container orchestration.
Why You’ll Like Working Here:
- This is a unique opportunity to translate strong open source adoption and user enthusiasm into commercial product growth.
- We are a dynamic company that rewards high performers.
- We’re on the cutting edge of the enterprise application of data science, machine learning and AI.
- Collaborative team environment that values multiple perspectives and clear thinking.
- Employees-first culture.
- Flexible working hours.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, Life and 401K.
- Health and Remote working reimbursement.
- Paid parental leave - both mothers and fathers.
- Pre-IPO stock options.
- Open vacation policy.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Applications are now closed