Sr. Software Quality Engineer (Remote) at Raptor Maps
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Solar power is the largest source of new energy in the world. Raptor Maps is a fast-growing, venture-backed, MIT-born climate tech startup that is building software to enable the solar energy industry to scale. Parties across the entire solar lifecycle use Raptor Maps’ data model to manage ever growing utility-scale solar portfolios. We are an industry leader with hundreds of customers, including owners, builders, operators, and aerial service providers, across over 40 countries with 200+ million solar panels under management. Our software platform is essential in the fight against climate change.
We’re looking for a talented Senior Software Software Quality Engineer to join our Quality Engineering team. You’ll play a critical role on a tight-knit, cross-functional squad dedicated to maintaining, optimizing, and improving our Inspections capabilities. Our quality engineers collaborate directly with product management, software engineering, operations, manual testers, and quality engineering teams to define and implement test and validation plans, procedures, and software quality standards.
- Execution and ownership of test processes and implementation, in accordance with project scope or delivery dates.
- Document software defects using a bug tracking system, report defects to software developers, and define test strategies to prevent similar bugs from occurring.
- Provide feedback and recommendations to developers and product managers on software usability and functionality.
- Enable software engineering team to reach faster velocity with fewer defects.
- Definition and delegation of manual test processes to a dedicated team.
- 3+ years of experience working with a software development team, writing tests, using test frameworks, and developing and executing test plans(Selenium, Cypress, PyTest/UnitTest, etc.)
- Professional experience implementing unit, integration, load, end to end, and beta testing.
- Professional experience grooming and validating acceptance criteria, test criteria, and test plans.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- Prefer prior experience on software development team iterating on early products and prototypes.
- Investigative- You love learning new things fast and staying up on technology. You quickly become interested and experiment. You ask silly questions , and a lot of them, by nature. You enjoy working with ideas, searching for facts and figuring out problems.
- Intelligent - You can learn anything if you put your mind to it. You’ve demonstrated excellence in diverse fields or interests.
- Driven - You are highly self-motivated and enjoy making an impact. You’re focused, resourceful, and enjoy working alongside a driven team.
- Realistic - You are practical, and enjoy working on realized problems and solutions. You are able to make good decisions and accurate analysis based on a range of inputs.
All Raptor Maps Team Members Have:
Complete ownership and accountability over their role and success in the team.
Transparency into the operations of the rest of the company and are expected to be transparent and communicate honestly and effectively.
A sense of urgency. We are tackling a global problem, working in a fast-paced industry, and building a once in a lifetime company at Raptor Maps.
Raptor Maps is a remote-first company with employees across the country and headquarters at Greentown Labs in Boston, MA. Team members are free to work anywhere in the lower 48 states. A few remote benefits include:
- Paid travel for in-person team trips
- Healthcare with dental and vision options
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Desk budget
- Monthly remote social events and plenty of DoorDash credit
- Amazing team members that tend to love memes, pets, solar, and just generally getting out and being active
There’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. However you identify and whatever your background, we encourage you to apply if you’re excited about this role and the future of solar.
Check out details on our recently raised Series B!
Applications are now closed