Staff Full Stack Software Engineer at Promethean
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Who is Promethean?
Collaborative discovery is at the heart of the learning experience. With more than two decades helping people learn and grow together, Promethean is a true partner for educators, innovators, and business leaders. Our award-winning interactive displays and lesson delivery solutions transform learning and workspaces into creative, connected environments to foster collective success.
At the heart of Promethean is a team of education strategists, designers, and technologists that is dedicated to inspiring engagement and empowering teachers and students around the world. Our goal is to make education technology commonplace in all learning environments, and we strive every day to develop intuitive solutions that speed learning, insights, and creativity.
The Promethean team spans the globe and our work impacts the lives of millions of teachers and students. We stand by our solutions and our employees, offering highly competitive benefits and compensation, as well as providing a work-life balance that lifts and sustains us as we navigate a new future.
We are #TeamPromethean. Join us.
Our world-wide, world-class Engineering team offer our customers the best possible classroom experience through thoughtful design and code. The team is highly communicative, not afraid of a deadline, and consistently recognized as best in class for education technology.
As a Staff Full Stack Software Engineer you will:
- Be an active participant in the day-to-day Scrum activities of the team including sprint planning, daily standups, sprint reviews, and sprint retrospectives
- Review and evaluate business requirements in the form of user stories. Lead the work breakdown and estimation of tasks based on requirements. Provide alternative solutions and negotiate with Product Management.
- Own small to mid-sized engineering projects or product area
- Lead technical projects; capable of defining and overseeing a technical project
- Develop high-quality code; contribute to development standards by setting new patterns and best practices
- Write architecture and design documentation, as needed
- Review the work of teammates to ensure quality and adherence to system architecture and best practices; identify where new designs will require architectural changes
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer/QA found issues in a timely manner
- Support and contribute to the development build, deployment, and monitoring processes with an emphasis on security, performance, and scalability.
- Design reusable components by utilizing standard frameworks. Experiment with new technologies that can enhance our tech stack.
- May participate in build vs. buy analysis and complex decision making
- Conduct regular, self-guided study to stay current on new and existing technologies. Watches emerging technologies and practices and evaluates them for suitability at Promethean
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, or related field
- 5-7+ years software development experience
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., React, Angular, Vue)
- Experience with server-side Node.js using frameworks such as Express, Koa
- Experience with Microservices Architecture
- Experience with Cloud (Azure or AWS) and serverless computing (Lambda)
- Familiarity with Hybrid Apps for Android and iOS (e.g., Ionic, React Native)
- Experience with NoSQL Databases (Redis, DynamoDB, Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Stylesheets (CSS, LESS, SASS)
- Experience with Responsive Web Design and Development
- Strong understanding of unit testing, integration testing, load testing and related tools (e.g., jest, Junit, Artillery, JMeter, etc.)
- Experience in full life cycle system development including design, building, testing, deployment, upgrade, and support.
- Experience with application lifecycle management tools (e.g., Atlassian) and concepts for version control, work item tracking, and continuous integration
- Knowledgeable about performance tuning, scalability, security, and reliability concepts.
- Experience with Native Android Applications
- Knowledge of Lucene (SOLR, Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, AWS Container Services)
- Accessibility: WCAG 2.0 AA and AAA
We take our work seriously because it has impact! We empower students worldwide to learn. We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.
Applications are now closed