Strategy Manager, Partnerships & Operations Excellence at Go Fund Me
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Want to help us, help others? We’re hiring!
GoFundMe is a global community of over 100 million people with a common purpose of helping one another. Our mission is to help people help each other by making it safe and easy for people to ask for help and support causes—for themselves, each other, and their communities. Since 2010, GoFundMe has become a trusted global leader in online fundraising, with $17 billion raised from over 200 million donations. Our vision is to become the most helpful place in the world.
Join us! The GoFundMe team is searching for our next Strategy Manager, Partnerships & Operations Excellence. In this role, you will drive Operations Excellence for GoFundMe by managing critical partnerships and leading strategic initiatives that drive growth, efficiency, and effectiveness for our operations teams.
- Manage the Operations Excellence team who owns strategic initiatives to drive growth while protecting GoFundMe and Classy.
- Own all aspects of partnership management including: running day to day engagements, owning escalations, contracting, establishing new programs and features, identifying best practices, reducing failure points and incidents, measuring performance, and invoicing
- Serve as a subject matter expert on payment operations including partnerships, processors, operations, and payments best practices.
- Build key performance metrics to support ongoing partnership management, hold partners accountable, ensure reporting is clear and accurate, and use influence to improve outcomes
- Advocate for and partner closely with operations teams to drive operational excellence.
- Identify areas for process development & improvement and lead implementation of those opportunities cross-functionally across operations, product, engineering, legal and finance.
- Maintain an understanding of the competitive landscape, emerging trends and disruptors, and news in the payments space
- Demonstrate relationship-building skills with technical acumen; ability to understand product strategy and use this understanding to define requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- 5+ years of experience in Management Consulting, Strategy, Payments, Business Operations, and/or Partnership Management
- BS/BA or higher degree in business, engineering, finance, mathematics, economics, or similar field
- Experience building & managing people and teams
- Experience in managing partnerships related to financial services, banking, or payments
- Experience in payments, fintech, ecommerce, or marketplace companies preferred
- Understanding of network rules, interchange, and key performance indicators related to payment processing
- Experience negotiating contracts, being the point of contact with online payment providers, fintech firms, banks and other eCommerce payments providers
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, Looker, and/or SQL
- A self-starter who operates with a “get things done” mentality
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrently and thrive in a fast-paced environment without losing sight of business strategy
- Collaborative team player who is also an independent thinker and executer
- Excellent negotiation capabilities, with a track record of closing deals that unlock value
- Exceptionally strong communication skills with ability to influence others
- Excited about joining a team focused on helping others
- Believe in “we” not “me”
Why you’ll love it here...
- Market competitive pay
- Rich healthcare benefits including employer paid premiums for medical/dental/vision (100% for employee only plans and 85% for employee + dependent plans) and employer HSA contributions.
- 401(k) retirement plan with company matching
- Hybrid workplace with fully remote flexibility for many roles
- Monetary support for new hire setup, hybrid work & wellbeing, family planning, and commuting expenses
- A variety of mental and wellness programs to support employees
- Generous paid parental leave and family planning stipend
- Supportive time off policies including vacation, sick/mental health days, volunteer days, company holidays, and a floating holiday
- Learning & development and recognition programs
- Gives Back Program where employees can nominate a fundraiser every week for a donation from the company
- Inclusion, diversity, equity, and belonging are vital to our priorities and we continue to evolve our strategy to ensure DEI is embedded in all processes and programs at GoFundMe. Our Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion team is always finding new ways for our company to uphold and represent the experiences of all of the people in our organization.
- Employee resource groups
- Your work has a real purpose and will help change lives on a global scale.
- You’ll be a part of a fun, supportive team that works hard and celebrates accomplishments together.
- We live by our core values: consider everything, do the right thing, spread empathy, delight the customer, and give back.
- We are a certified Great Place to Work, are growing fast and have incredible opportunities ahead!
GoFundMe is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that actively pursues candidates of diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are committed to providing diversity, equity, and inclusion training to all employees, and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnicity, nationality or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy status, marital status, age, medical condition, mental or physical disability, or military or veteran status.
Learn more about GoFundMe:
Applications are now closed