Summer 2022 DNC Design Internship at The Democratic Party
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
For Summer 2022, the Democratic National Committee (DNC) is seeking a creative and motivated student or recent graduate with a demonstrated interest in Democratic political work to join the DNC’s Design Team.
The program will run from June 20, 2022 through August 26, 2022, and will be conducted in a hybrid format. Interns who are based in the Washington D.C. area will have an opportunity to perform in-person work for the DNC at the Democratic National Headquarters and DNC events.
The DNC Internship Program provides a stipend of $3,000. Housing is not provided. During the upcoming term, interns are expected to work 20 hours per week. The deadline for applications is May 4, 2022.
In a DNC Design internship, you’ll learn and design within an established brand identity, while coming up with creative solutions for existing deliverables. You’ll interact with many different people on the Mobilization Team and have opportunities to collaborate with people across various departments in the organization. You’ll be part of the Summer 2022 DNC intern class, and will occasionally participate in activities and DNC support with interns from other DNC teams.
Who we are...
The Design Team is a part of the Mobilization Team at the DNC. Our goal is to make creative efforts to help educate people on complicated issues with striking creativity, as well as supporting and electing Democrats across the country.
The deliverables varies, but we support our Mobilization sub-teams by:
- Creating graphics for our social accounts
- Creating email graphics
- Creating digital ads
- Creating merchandise to sell on the store
- Assisting on any marketing deliverables
- Occasionally creating print materials in the form of event signage, backdrops, and flyers
As a Design intern you will…
- Work on a range of projects from digital to print deliverables
- Create and design social graphics, merch, emails, and more
- Learn project and time management skills
- Learn new tools and techniques to speed up your workflow
An intern will gain an understanding of how to communicate with and educate the public on issues in modern campaigns and political work using design to help deliver our message. The internship will provide hands-on design work experience (and some politics experience).
This might be a good internship fit for you if:
- You are a student at a college or university (including 2-year schools, 4-year schools, technical colleges, etc), graduate student, or recent graduate
- You're proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and have basic understanding of the rest of the Adobe Suite
- You're able to work under tight deadlines and occasional rapid response situations
- You are extremely detailed-oriented, self-starter, and well-organized
- You have strong communication skills and enjoy talking to people with many different perspectives and work experiences
- You’re familiar with current design trends
In your application...
- Please share a link to your portfolio or attach a PDF with samples of your graphic design work.
Due to the volume of applications, we cannot review additional materials sent outside of the application form. All applicants must complete the application to be considered. To ensure you have the most recent information, we encourage you to read our FAQ page before reaching out with questions. If you have a specific question, please email the Intern program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must receive the full course of one of the CDC-recommended vaccinations against COVID-19 as a condition of the intern program, unless otherwise prohibited by applicable law. If you seek a reasonable accommodation in relation to the DNC’s COVID-19 policy, please reach out to us at email@example.com prior to reporting to an office location.
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its interns. The DNC internship program is provided on an equal opportunity basis without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the application process and during the internship, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.
Applications are now closed