Technical Instructor at Gitlab
$78,000 - $142,000/year
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
The GitLab DevOps platform empowers 100,000+ organizations to deliver software faster and more efficiently. We are one of the world’s largest all-remote companies with 2,000+ team members and values that guide a culture where people embrace the belief that everyone can contribute.
The Technical Instructor reports to the Senior Manager, Professional Education Services
The Technical Instructor (Intermediate) is a grade 6.
Technical Instructor Responsibilities
- Teach technical concepts clearly and concisely to large audiences in an engaging manner
- Collaborate with the Curriculum team on the development and updates of new courses and course release updates
- Collaborate with the Training Operations team for continuous improvement of our LMS (Learning Management System), virtual training platform and processes
- Ability to work on your own initiative with high attention to detail
- Strong customer advocacy, relationship building, and verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable working remotely in a highly distributed team
- Flexible mindset and willingness to accommodate and support changing priorities in a growing company
- Deliver multi-day virtual and on-site GitLab training courses and workshops to enable our customers and drive business value
- Strong eye for design, making complex training concepts easy to comprehend in a blended educational delivery model.
- Deliver excellent customer-service during training events including arriving and running training sessions punctually and professionally.
- Review customer feedback and collaborate with team members to continually improve the customer learning experience.
- Deliver contents and cross train on delivery best practices using a variety of presentation formats including engaging lectures, live demonstration, and technical labs.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with team members to plan and develop slides and labs for instructional sessions.
- Stay up to date with the latest GitLab feature releases and incorporate them into training deliveries.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for certification program design and assessment development.
Meet all milestones and final deliverables by deadlines; when delays do occur, work with the team to estimate, monitor, adjust, and proactively communicate revised deadlines as needed
Technical Instructor Requirements
- B.S. or M.S. or relevant work experience in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- 3+ years experience working as an instructor, technical trainer, engineer, developer, consultant, integrator or presales engineer in search or related technologies
- Ability to travel up to 50% both within the United States and internationally
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with a variety of Learning Management System (e.g., Thought Industries) and hands-on labs tooling (Instruqt, Katacoda, Strigo, etc)
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle, DevOps and cloud native technologies (kubernetes, containers, and microservices)
- Relationships in the software DevSecOps space are a plus
Candidates for this position can expect the hiring process to follow the order below. Please keep in mind that candidates can be declined from the position at any stage of the process. To learn more about someone who may be conducting the interview, find their job title on our team page.
- Videoconference (or phone) screen interview with a GitLab Talent Acquisition team member
- Videoconference interviews with 2-3 additional GitLab team members
- Final videoconference interviews with the Director, Education Services Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
Candidates may be invited to additional interviews. Successful candidates will be made an offer after references are verified.
Additional details about our process can be found on our hiring page.
The base salary range for this role’s listed level is currently $78,100 - $142,200 for Colorado residents and $78,100 - $159,000 for New York and New Jersey residents only. Grade level and salary ranges are determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. See more information on our benefits and equity. Sales roles are also eligible for incentive pay targeted at up to 100% of the offered base salary.
Country Hiring Guidelines: GitLab hires new team members in countries around the world. All of our roles are remote, however some roles may carry specific location-based eligibility requirements. Our Talent Acquisition team can help answer any questions about location after starting the recruiting process.
GitLab is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. GitLab’s policies and practices relating to recruitment, employment, career development and advancement, promotion, and retirement are based solely on merit, regardless of race, color, religion, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression), national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, mental or physical disability, genetic information (including family medical history), discharge status from the military, protected veteran status (which includes disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, and Armed Forces service medal veterans), or any other basis protected by law. GitLab will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. See also GitLab’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know during the recruiting process.
Applications are now closed