Technology Project Manager at Pinegate Renewables
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Pine Gate Renewables is a leading renewable energy company focused on project development and strategic financings throughout the United States. It currently manages 1GW of operational assets, with more than 15GW in active development and has raised over $3 billion in project capital to date. The company’s Pine Gate Impact initiative contributes to multiple non-profit organizations aimed at improving the environment and local communities. Headquartered in Asheville, NC, Pine Gate Renewables made the Inc. 5000 list in 2021, placing at #37; won The Cleanie Awards®’ Silver Award for “Midsized Company of the Year,” was awarded a top spot on Inc. magazine’s Best Workplaces list in 2021, named to Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list in 2021, included as a “Best Workplace” in Business North Carolina magazine, awarded the gold medal in the energy category for Inc.’s Best in Business 2020 list and ranked #6 on Inc. 500’s list of “Fastest Growing Energy Companies” in 2018. Pine Gate Renewables works every day to achieve its mission to “Get Solar Done.” For more information, visit pinegaterenewables.com.
The Technology Project Manager is responsible for gathering requirements, planning, execution and management of projects related to Technology across the enterprise, including business optimization and process improvement. This role will serve as the Subject Matter Expert and Team Leader for all things related to project and program management for the Technology Project Management Office (TPMO) future state. Success in this role is defined by successfully partnering with stakeholders, business leaders, technology team members, consultants, and vendors to gather and prioritize requirements, choose the project methodology, assign project work streams, adhere to timelines, monitor budget (including burn rate versus completion ratio), report progress through clear communications and conduct thorough retrospectives post project completion.
What You’ll Do:
- Roll-up your sleeves and perform a hands-on role and ensure that projects are designed, undertaken, executed, monitored, and completed on time and within budget.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and guidance on Project Management best practices for both waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Serve as Scrum Master as needed.
- Manage the five project phases: 1) conception and initiation, 2) planning, 3) execution, 4) performance/monitoring, 5) project close.
- Identify for continuous improvement areas of project inefficiencies and shortcomings, including deficiencies in management involvement/support, business leadership involvement/buy-in, adherence to scope and budget, allocation of resources and setting of proper expectations.
- Develop policies, protocols, procedures, and training to build and ensure proper project management practices.
- Build and maintain healthy relationships with stakeholders, business leaders, technology team members, peers, consultants, and vendors to ensure proper support and alignment for all projects.
- Practice self-leadership and promote learning in others by soliciting and acting on performance feedback.
- Adapt to competing demands, evolving project priorities, new responsibilities and providing feedback to others - including upward feedback to leadership.
- Influence, mentor, and coach team members, and foster open dialogue amongst team members.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated capability to successfully manage the five project management phases: 1) conception and initiation, 2) planning, 3) execution, 4) performance/monitoring, 5) project close.
- Demonstrated success managing enterprise-level projects across multiple locations and time zones.
- Deep understanding of technology and its application to meet business objectives, including business optimization and process improvement.
- Deep experience and understanding of both waterfall and Agile project management methodologies.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressively responsible experience in hands-on major/large project management.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Agile project management.
- Extensive experience with multiple project management tools.
- Extensive experience with budget development and management.
- Ability to educate and coach stakeholders and users on project management fundamentals and best practices.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills.
- Experience developing a comprehensive project management program and/or standing-up a PMO.
- Experience with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) projects.
- Experience with Agile corporate adoption and implementation.
- Experience leading teams of project managers.
- Program management experience.
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Project/Program Management, Computer Science, Computer Technology, Information Technology, or a related field.
- Advanced degree in Business Administration or related fields is a plus.
- Required Certification: PMP, CAPM or CPMP.
- Desirable Certifications: SCM, CompTIA Project+ or AP.
Working Environment and Physical Demand:
- NC or East Coast preferred.
- Travel up to 25%.
- Travel Location(s): Asheville, NC and Fayetteville, NC.
Applications are now closed