Technology Strategy Leader, Growth (remote) at Adhoc
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
This is a fully remote position.
Work on things that matter
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our teams use modern, agile methods to design and engineer government systems that connect Veterans with services, bring affordable health care to millions of people, and support important programs like Head Start. And as we work to make critical government services intuitive, accessible, and human-centered, we’re also changing how the government thinks about and uses technology. If you thrive on change, want to help close the gap between consumer expectations and government services, and can see the possibilities in ambiguity, then we want you here with us.
What matters most
Ad Hoc operates according to our commitment to inclusivity, acceptance, accountability, and humility. We aren’t heroes. We believe in missions larger than our individual selves and leave our egos at the door, learn from our mistakes, and iterate in order to better serve the people in our country. We prioritize building teams that represent the diversity of the people our government serves. We love the challenge of government-size projects. We want to bring skills to federal agencies, help them better meet the needs of their users, and close the gap between consumer expectations and government.
Built for a remote life
Ad Hoc is remote-first and remote-always. We’ve designed our culture, communications, and tools to support a nationwide distributed team since the beginning. Being remote by design allows Ad Hoc to be thoughtful and intentional about creating diverse teams and supporting them with a work environment that fits their lives. With a generous PTO policy and Slack channels for every interest (from bird watching to space nerds to parenting) our culture embraces the things happening in your life. Maybe you need to adjust your schedule to care for your family or take a bike ride. At Ad Hoc, that’s embraced.
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Growth, the Technology Strategy Leader is responsible for identifying government customer challenges and driving technical alignment between customer needs and Ad Hoc digital services solutions. The Technology Strategy Leader is also responsible for leading and developing a team of Solutions Architects who are tasked with using their knowledge of technology, product development, and problem-solving to facilitate the creation of compelling solutions to government digital service challenges. The Growth team is responsible for driving expansion into new and existing customers, building partnerships, and leading awareness of market trends and opportunities. This team is led by our VP, Growth and is organized into the areas of Client Strategy, Proposal Operations, Strategic Partnerships, and Client Technical Solutions. This is a closely collaborative role with senior leadership across Ad Hoc.
The Technology Strategy Leader is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Serving as the primary government solutions leader to drive identification of customer challenges and technical alignment between customer needs and Ad Hoc digital services solutions.
- Leading, managing, and developing a team of Solutions Architects who are responsible for supporting all business units in new and organic growth initiatives.
- Serving as a government product and industry expert, effectively describing and demonstrating Ad Hoc solutions as well as promoting Ad Hoc’s vision and approach.
- Developing and maintaining expertise in Ad Hoc’s technical approach and leading a team to deliver compelling demonstrations and solutions that address the needs of a range of Federal Civilian, VA, and CMS customers.
- Providing technical leadership for existing and target government customer needs, challenges, and solutions while working closely with Client Strategy, Proposal Operations, Strategic Partnerships, Business Units, and Technology teams to coordinate efforts between partners, customers, and Ad Hoc teams.
- Working collaboratively to lead others towards meeting the organization's mission and goals while promoting an inclusive and positive work environment.
- Creating and maintaining cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership and organizational success.
- Ensuring that all systems operate smoothly and, in coordination with QA Manager, align with ISO and CMMI quality standards.
- Maximizing the operating potential of the Growth team to exceed customers’ expectations and company goals.
- Qualified candidates will have a minimum 10-15 years of overall work experience
- Preferred minimum 5-10 years Sales Engineer experience, within Government Contracting field
- Experience working with or as a Solution Architect(s), experience leading a team of Solution Architects or similar roles preferred
- Strong track record in developing new business and meeting or exceeding growth/sales targets
- Experience with and aptitude for for presenting and articulating technical solutions and technical demonstrations
- Expertise in government digital services policy, strategy, and priorities across Federal Civilian agencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates experience managing multiple priorities
- Outstanding time management and organization skills
- Leads strategic change related to organizational goals, both internally and externally
- Driven by results, both in terms of meeting organizational goals and customer expectations
- Business acumen related to human, financial, and sales information management
- Political savvy and awareness of and ability to respond to operating environment
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Experience with federal contracting sales environment required
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.
In support of the Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Act, and others like it across the country, Ad Hoc job descriptions feature the starting range we reasonably expect to pay to candidates who would join our team with little to no need for training on the responsibilities we've outlined above. Actual compensation is influenced by a wide range of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, and responsibility. The range of starting pay for this role is $193,796 - $257,801 and information on benefits offered is here. Our recruiters will be happy to answer any questions you may have, and we look forward to learning more about your salary requirements.
Applications are now closed