UI Engineer - Platform UI at Indigo
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
We’re an international agtech startup aspiring to revolutionize a budding industry where agriculture meets technology. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming experts, who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge technologists and scientists on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer. Indigo is extraordinary, and we owe that to the people who make up our community and enable success through the diversity of thought, experience, background, perspective, race, sexuality, gender, age, and everything else that makes a person uniquely themselves. Connected by a common vision and empowered by diversity, we aren’t ordinary, and neither are you. Embrace your extraordinary and join Indigo in cultivating a healthier planet fueled by unique game-changers.
As a UI Engineer on the Platform UI team, you’ll develop responsive web applications that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power all products on the Indigo web ecosystem.
You will work with a team of UI engineers as well as UX designers and project managers to solve some of the biggest and most interesting UI challenges Indigo faces. Your work will touch the entirety of the Indigo UI, impacting both internal and external users. As such, you will work collaboratively with the full breadth of Indigo teams and functions from UX design to API engineers to usability and have a unique opportunity to experience, and impact, all of Indigo's products.
- Design and implement performant UI components for web applications using a modern web stack consisting of TypeScript, React, and NextJS, with a backend of Python built REST APIs and PostgreSQL hosted on AWS
- Be on the leading edge of designing internal tools and libraries, global components, and design patterns
- Ensure that all UI components are adequately tested in an automated framework, including unit, integration, and end-to-end tests using Cypress.js and Jest
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, and back-end engineers to spec, build, test, and deploy high quality code
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and learn from other engineers
Competencies and Qualifications:
- You show demonstrable problem solving skills. Be able to talk through how you would go about solving a problem and why you chose a specific way to do it, highlighting advantages and drawbacks
- You’re a frequent, engaged communicator. You can convey technical concepts and trade-offs to both engineering and business audiences
- Comfort communicating in a remote-first environment
- You bring a positive attitude, self awareness, and a sense of humor
- You take pride in the quality of your work
- You understand computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, and distributed systems
We’re building the technology to feed the world and fight climate change. We believe that through teamwork we can achieve more to benefit all of agriculture: from farmers to consumers to the planet.
Game changers don't fit in a box. The requirements listed above are examples of what we think enables success in this role, but we recognize the impossibility of fully capturing a singularly perfect description, and we believe in the power of diversified and creative displays of skills and qualifications. We embrace the unconventional. We embrace creativity. We embrace a challenge to the status quo. If the specifications in the list above aren’t an exact match… great! Apply, be you, and be proud that you aren’t ordinary (we certainly aren’t!).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are actively working to improve ourselves across all facets of Diversity, Inclusion, and Equality and encourage employees who are interested to include those goals in their daily work.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
- Generous time off
- Parental leave
- A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
- 401(k) plan
- A healthy balance between work and life
Applications are now closed