UX Product Designer at Promethean
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
Who is Promethean?
Collaborative discovery is at the heart of the learning experience. With more than two decades helping people learn and grow together, Promethean is a true partner for educators, innovators, and business leaders. Our award-winning interactive displays and lesson delivery solutions transform learning and workspaces into creative, connected environments to foster collective success.
At the heart of Promethean is a team of education strategists, designers, and technologists that is dedicated to inspiring engagement and empowering teachers and students around the world. Our goal is to make education technology commonplace in all learning environments, and we strive every day to develop intuitive solutions that speed learning, insights, and creativity.
The Promethean team spans the globe and our work impacts the lives of millions of teachers and students. We stand by our solutions and our employees, offering highly competitive benefits and compensation, as well as providing a work-life balance that lifts and sustains us as we navigate a new future.
We are #TeamPromethean. Join us.
About the team
Promethean’s UX Design team works across a variety of products in our portfolio of hardware and software offerings, including our award-winning large touch screen panels, accessory hardware, teaching apps, lesson delivery tools, and our user and asset management portal. We are creating the next generation of classroom technology that will inspire educators, students, and innovators alike. At Promethean, product designers are empowered and supported by the entire organization to explore and ideate freely. We are deeply immersed in the creation of the product vision and are trusted to use our skills, experience, and instincts. Our design process is respected, and we are given the resources to truly do our jobs well. We are an impact-oriented, close-knit, hyphen-loving team that values curiosity, exploration, crazy ideas, ego-free collaboration, flexibility, autonomy, and humor.
About the role
As a UX Product Designer, you are a key member of a close-knit design team. You partner with product managers, engineers, researchers, and other stakeholders throughout our organization to learn, ideate, create, and implement design solutions.
The ideal candidate has a strong mix of UX and visual design chops, allowing them to work on varying projects requiring different skillsets. You will have experience with design systems, information architecture, prototyping, UX best practices based on UCD (user-centered design), delivering in layers of fidelity, and conducting and interpreting qualitative and quantitative user research to inform design decisions.
You will possess a strong ability to communicate across teams to connect dots between products. You provide and receive feedback with ease, and you share your work often and openly because you understand that working collaboratively is vital for producing cohesive and aligned products and experiences.
As a UX Product Designer you will:
- Collaborate with partners across research, product, engineering, and customer support to understand our user’s needs, and design solutions to address them.
- Create product flows and user journeys to understand a user’s path and experience while using our products.
- Sketch, wireframe and prototype quickly to vet ideas and obtain feedback
- Design modern, highly intuitive experiences for a wide array of devices and viewports.
- Deliver continuously, in layers of fidelity (sketches, wireframes, wireflows, functionality, prototypes, and high-fidelity design).
- Partner with research to test design work at critical junctures and use these findings to validate design decisions and adjust accordingly.
- Present UX and design work often and openly, seeking feedback from stakeholders and keeping wider audiences informed.
- Contribute to, and align design work with, our internal design system where possible.
- Provide constructive and thoughtful feedback that creates a safe space to freely ideate and collaborate.
- Be curious, open, positive, collaborative and empathetic.
- Think like an owner – scrappy, proactive, organized and detailed.
- 5+ years of experience in visual and UX design, research methodologies, and product design.
- Experience designing for touch screens.
- Strong visual eye and portfolio demonstrating modern and clean design (typography, color, grid, layout).
- Foundational knowledge and experience using UX principles and UCD (user-centered design) methodologies.
- Experience creating artifacts such as wireframes, user flows, functionality specs, prototypes and high-fidelity design.
- Ability to use qualitative and quantitative data (as well as a strong gut instinct) to make informed design decisions and establish hypotheses.
- Experience working cross-functionally with product teams and engineers.
- Understanding of viewports, responsive design and grid structure.
- Functional understanding of design systems.
- Ability and desire to communicate design vision clearly and fearlessly across all teams, early and often.
- Ability to receive and give constructive feedback in a positive manner.
- Proficiency with design programs such as Figma, Adobe CC, etc.
- Accessibility expertise and/or experience designing for those with disabilities (temporary or permanent)
- Experience designing for software purchasing and management processes.
- Experience creating motion design (micro-interaction and other) – tools, techniques and understanding of how motion enhances the UI, focuses attention, creates hierarchy, and provides important user feedback.
- Hardware design experience.
- Experience with new technologies and how they integrate into products: VR/AR/XR, etc.
Effective February 7th, 2022, all Promethean employees, workers and contractors who visit any Promethean US office, conduct any work related in-person interaction with other Promethean employees regardless of location where the work is being conducted and or have any work related, in-person interaction with customers where the customer requires vaccination or testing to work in-person with them are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Official documentation of vaccination status must be provided on your first day of employment. Remote workers are subject to this policy only in the event that they visit a Promethean office, come into physical contact with Promethean employees for work related purposes, or must visit a customer location where that customer requires either testing or full vaccination. If you have a medical or religious exemption please contact Recruiting.
We are driven to continuously innovate and develop educational technology that inspires students to unleash their potential. We believe in the power of education to change the world and come to work each day with our sleeves rolled up ready to make a difference! However, we also appreciate that life isn't just about work. We are a small company with big rewards and understand that you also need time to unwind. Join a company where you can be your best self, work on challenging problems, and have some fun along the way; join Promethean.
Promethean is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We realize that by creating teams rich in diverse thoughts and experiences, our people, company and customers are free to thrive. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, creed, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation or gender identity), age, marital status, disability, military or veteran status; or any other protected classifications or characteristics under applicable local laws. In addition, Promethean values privacy and the protection of personal information.
Applications are now closed