Video Marketing Intern at Real
United States (Remote)
Applications are now closed
Get more jobs like this straight to your inbox
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Real is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We Are Real.
Real is a venture-backed mental health care company based in New York City. We’re a team of innovators, clinicians, and technologists on a mission to make caring for our mental health a priority. We're redesigning mental healthcare through a digital platform and in-person experience, integrating empathy, design, and progressive care to build the most elevated end-to-end mental healthcare experience, while also improving the quality of care itself. We’re not simply “normalizing” mental health care, we’re celebrating it.
We’re looking for multiple forward-thinking, Social Media Marketing Interns who are passionate about mental wellness.
The Video Marketing Intern will contribute to the company’s growth by helping to reimagine the strategy of all Real’s social channels, specifically TikTok and Youtube. The Video Marketing Intern will report to the Director of Integrated Marketing. The ideal candidate has experience in creating original video content to be shared across social media platforms. The internship is full-time during the summer season of 2022.
The company is based in NYC, though the role is remote.
A day in the life:
- Create original video content to be shared across Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Google, and more.
- Edit internally and externally supplied footage into various cuts, formats, and aspect ratios
- Daily moderation (e.g. scheduling, publishing, and community engagement) of all social platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and Pinterest
- Stay up-to-date on social media trends and develop current, relevant content ideas
- Work cross-functionally with the marketing team, therapy team, creative team, and content team.
- Source, outreach, seed/gift, and track current and potential influencers that are on-brand and can promote organic follower growth and reach
- Assist manager(s) with compiling social media analytics, which involves the use of third-party platforms
- Work with legal team to process contracts and other relevant paperwork
- Currently enrolled college student and/or recent graduate
- Must be available to work a full-time schedule
- Engaging personality with exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Creative writing skills
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to think outside the box
- Basic skills in Google Tools (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Gmail), InDesign, & Photoshop
- Intermediate experience in Illustrator
- Pursuing or obtain a bachelor degree in Marketing and/or Communication Studies
- Detail oriented and loves create challenge
- Able to take complex stories and make them into digestible content
- Knowledgeable on what makes a successful post, and the strategy to get there
Passionate about mental wellness
- You’re excited to improve mental healthcare and expand the number of people who have access to it.
- You know the wellness market.
- You care about the wellbeing of others.
Excited to build something from the ground up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy start-up environment.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re a self-starter; you don’t need instructions to get work done.
- You pull insights from data, ensuring new ideas come from member experience and utilization
- You seek data and know how to collect more of it when needed
- You are excited to receive feedback and grow
A team player
- You know it takes a village.
We’re committed to your health and happiness
(...which are synonymous, you know).
When deciding what benefits should look like at Real, we started by thinking long and hard about what employees need not only to work well, but to live well. Benefits impact how we act, rest, grieve, set boundaries, and take care of ourselves and others — and that means quality benefits are a fundamental part of not just a mentally well company, but a mentally well society. At Real, we want to offer our employees more than just "permission" to occasionally take a vacation or comp a therapy session. We want to give them the support and autonomy they need to feel well and maintain full lives outside of work.
- Competitive salary, plus equity in an early-stage startup. Emphasis on “plus”—we won’t use equity to low-ball you.
Healthcare for Full-Time Employees:
- 100% company-funded health, vision, and dental insurance. That means no monthly premiums coming out of your paycheck.
- FSA plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Free Real membership
- $1800 annual mental wellness stipend you can put toward therapy, psychiatry, and other mental wellness services
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
Retirement for Full-Time Employees
- 401(k) — we don’t match yet, but you’ll thank us for the compound interest later.
- Unlimited PTO…that we actually encourage you to take, we promise.
- Quarterly company-wide week off — because sometimes, unplugging is easiest when everyone else is offline, too.
- Four-week paid sabbatical after five continuous years of work at Real.
- Three floating holidays in addition to company-wide federal holidays so you can celebrate what’s important to you.
- Real employees receive two weeks of paid time off in the event of losing a loved one. We know grief doesn’t have an end date, and we also know that “unlimited PTO” isn’t enough for most people to actually take ample time away from work. We want to support the process of grieving by naming this, and offering employees the opportunity to grieve without thinking of work.
- Competitive paid parental leave and flexible return to work policy.
- Flexible working environment — if you want to exercise at three PM, go for it.
- Remote-inclusive team — whether you work from Colorado or NYC, you’re 100% part of the team.
- Autonomous work culture. We don’t have to see a green dot on Slack to trust that you’re doing your job.
Growth at Work
- We invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Real not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
Applications are now closed